Mike's solo Norway adventure!

DSC01970_zps2jgcwhs0.png

DSC01973_zpsoc3ydzbm.png

DSC01974_zpsurhzs3tr.png

Just look at how blue the water is!

DSC01975_zpsuy2ffs9d.png

Dinner time! I believe the waiter recommended the prime rib tonight, which was what I had. No pink (medium-well), as you can see.

I liked this dish, though I ran into a passenger who didn't. What do you think of the prime rib on Royal?

DSC01976_zpslcntejzk.png

And then of course I went back outside.

DSC01978_zpsncd6abel.png

Outstanding review. Your writing is very engaging and your pictures are excellent. This trip was on my bucket list and your review has moved it from maybe to definitely. I’ll be solo too, so good to see it can be so enjoyable. Thank you so much for sharing all this.

Tonight was one of two performances of Grease, which Harmony also has. 2018 is the 40th anniversary of the movie, specifically. That release, as far as I've heard, restores everything from the original 1978 release. The 20th anniversary ought to be inferior. 

Being used to the movie, this was my first time really seeing the play.

I booked the Insider's View, which includes VIP seating, an autographed cast photo, etc. Before the show, you get a choice between two drinks: the Pink Lady and the Thunderbird, I think. One's alcoholic, the other is not. Being that I don't drink, I got the latter.

I don't think "Grease" was in the original play, but adaptations such as this one use certain songs written for the movie.

DSC02017_zpsbehdtlgq.png

DSC02018_zpsr1tasu8w.png

Summer Nights.

DSC02019_zpshaeiou7b.png

DSC02020_zps6n1xbmgl.png

Those Magic Changes is heard earlier on in the play.

DSC02021_zpsoop7qtqp.png

One of my favorite numbers - Greased Lightning.

DSC02022_zpst870tscz.png

Hopelessly Devoted to You, as you can see. Also written for the film. Sandy is American here, just like the original play. Regardless, she does a fantastic job with this song. 

DSC02030_zpssiynyerc.png

DSC02032_zpsn25janxf.png

Beauty School Dropout.

DSC02033_zps3fh3jkis.png

DSC02034_zpsbywi7vlx.png

Sandy

DSC02035_zpsp2wl3wmk.png

And finally, You're the One That I Want.

DSC02036_zps1vedfx0s.png

DSC02037_zpsx6hqhvhe.png

DSC02038_zpsgispwycl.png

DSC02039_zpsnvfpxurv.png

I must say, this was an interesting experience. It's not an exact copy of the movie that I'm used to. While it's definitely in the style of it, I got a taste of something new that I would only see in these Broadway productions. There was no feeling of confusion here. 

Has anyone else seen a certain movie before attending a play that the movie was based on? Oftentimes it's the other way around.

We also got to hang around with some cast members after the show. I can recall having a picture taken of us.

Wrapping up the day, would I come to Skjolden again? I'm a little disappointed to have gone there instead of Flåm, but Skjolden was for sure a somewhat hidden gem.

Tomorrow is the last port of call, Stavanger, where I will be on the Lysefjord cruise. Thanks everyone for reading along so far!

Day 7 - Stavanger

Today is our last port of call - Stavanger. While a handful of passengers went on the excursion to go up to Pulpit Rock, I took the Lysefjord cruise that would show it to you from below.

The ferry line used for this excursion is Rødne Fjord Cruise. It's cheaper to book through this ferry line, but a guaranteed return to the ship is worth the higher cruise line price.

Weather was less than ideal today. It was pouring when our excursion headed out to the ferry. I stayed inside and didn't start taking pictures until the rain slowed down. Not to mention I wasn't wearing my raincoat.

I can't imagine what it would've been like for those hiking today. On a clear and sunny day, this would probably be much better, but at least there were times when it wasn't raining so badly, and I liked everything we saw. For the record, I took too many pictures to really post them all here. 

DSC02041_zpsxteim0im.png 

DSC02043_zpsqquebm2h.png

DSC02046_zpsp9yog2ql.png

DSC02047_zpsrghpjyli.png

DSC02049_zpsgpthmr83.png

DSC02051_zps6nx6ifjk.png