Bliss go kart: Moving through the lines more efficient now?

fstuff1

i will be on the Bliss next week.

First reports of the go karts were long waits even though there are reservation times.

How long is the wait now to actually get on the track if you get on line at your appointed reservation time?

i will be on the Bliss next week.

First reports of the go karts were long waits even though there are reservation times.

How long is the wait now to actually get on the track if you get on line at your appointed reservation time?

Just got off the Bliss today. We didn’t have any issues with wait time. We had 4:30 reservations. We were done with the ride before 5 pm and had time to clean up, change and make a 5:30 le bistro reservation. It is a little loud and hard to hear instructions when getting in and out of vehicles. I accidentally got myself out after the ride finished and was scolded for not waiting till I was told I could exit. Also didn’t notice any major banging into others that I read about. Perhaps that was something occurring when more kids onboard? Cars do go fast and there’s a lot of passing/maneuvering which makes it a little tricky. You do get a little dirty from ship smokestack soot. Really fun and highly recommend doing more than once. Husband and I initially had no desire to try but one of the activities staff talked us into signing up and we were really glad he did.

Just got off the Bliss today. We didn’t have any issues with wait time. We had 4:30 reservations. We were done with the ride before 5 pm and had time to clean up, change and make a 5:30 le bistro reservation. It is a little loud and hard to hear instructions when getting in and out of vehicles. I accidentally got myself out after the ride finished and was scolded for not waiting till I was told I could exit. Also didn’t notice any major banging into others that I read about. Perhaps that was something occurring when more kids onboard? Cars do go fast and there’s a lot of passing/maneuvering which makes it a little tricky. You do get a little dirty from ship smokestack soot.

Really fun and highly recommend doing more than once. Husband and I initially had no desire to try but one of the activities staff talked us into signing up and we were really glad he did.

thx!

did they offer the all day pass on your cruise? if so, how much?

how does that work with lines? do you cut in front of everyone?

thx!

did they offer the all day pass on your cruise? if so, how much?

how does that work with lines? do you cut in front of everyone?

Sorry. I didn’t check into a pass and was not even going to bother with trying them. It initially sounded like a kind of lame ship novelty. First night one of the activities staff was up on deck and started chatting with us. He had a laptop and pretty much talked us into trying it out. Told us he was positive we wouldn’t regret it and they wouldn’t charge for no shows. We had a blast. The subsequent time we tried them we booked on one of the screens by elevators just before we went. They did have signage for Haven guests (we were not in Haven) but when we showed up we pretty much followed some posted arrows and signs and then you are checked in, put in your group, and watch a little video then loaded into the cars. They didn’t have any lines or wait time so I’m guessing it’s easy to just show up and take a spot from a no show? It all goes pretty fast, if it was any quicker you wouldn’t have a chance to watch the video about the rules. To see about a pass find an activity staff? The one who signed us up for first session was sitting in a corner by the stairwell to deck 19 vibe. He was on port side of deck 17? If anything he’d know about a pass.

Sorry. I didn’t check into a pass and was not even going to bother with trying them. It initially sounded like a kind of lame ship novelty. First night one of the activities staff was up on deck and started chatting with us. He had a laptop and pretty much talked us into trying it out. Told us he was positive we wouldn’t regret it and they wouldn’t charge for no shows. We had a blast. The subsequent time we tried them we booked on one of the screens by elevators just before we went. They did have signage for Haven guests (we were not in Haven) but when we showed up we pretty much followed some posted arrows and signs and then you are checked in, put in your group, and watch a little video then loaded into the cars. They didn’t have any lines or wait time so I’m guessing it’s easy to just show up and take a spot from a no show? It all goes pretty fast, if it was any quicker you wouldn’t have a chance to watch the video about the rules.

To see about a pass find an activity staff? The one who signed us up for first session was sitting in a corner by the stairwell to deck 19 vibe. He was on port side of deck 17? If anything he’d know about a pass.

hm.. the day pass is $30.

to come out ahead, i need at least 4 rides. :o

would you do 4+ rides on a sea day?

hm.. the day pass is $30.

to come out ahead, i need at least 4 rides. :o

would you do 4+ rides on a sea day?

I probably wouldn’t. But I’m a 50 year old woman. Just depends on what else you have going on. In hindsight I’d definitely have purchased for husband over the $56 arcade pkg I got him that he didn’t get his use out of. We had spa passes too. They have so many things going on around the ship that our two sea days went really fast. I had anticipated getting to the spa a couple times a day but that didn’t really work out either. $30 seems pretty inexpensive compared to everything else onboard tempting you to part with cash. We spent considerably more on extras than we did for our basic fare. Guess it depends on budget.

Just got off the Bliss today. We didn’t have any issues with wait time. We had 4:30 reservations. We were done with the ride before 5 pm and had time to clean up, change and make a 5:30 le bistro reservation. It is a little loud and hard to hear instructions when getting in and out of vehicles. I accidentally got myself out after the ride finished and was scolded for not waiting till I was told I could exit. Also didn’t notice any major banging into others that I read about. Perhaps that was something occurring when more kids onboard? Cars do go fast and there’s a lot of passing/maneuvering which makes it a little tricky. You do get a little dirty from ship smokestack soot. Really fun and highly recommend doing more than once. Husband and I initially had no desire to try but one of the activities staff talked us into signing up and we were really glad he did.

Hi Littlelulu,

Can you tell me if you had any issues making reservations for the Go-carts? Did you make them as soon as you were on board or later in the day? I will be sailing on the Bliss in a few weeks and want to be prepared. Thx

Hi Littlelulu,

Can you tell me if you had any issues making reservations for the Go-carts? Did you make them as soon as you were on board or later in the day? I will be sailing on the Bliss in a few weeks and want to be prepared. Thx

We had zero issues but we also didn’t have a ton of teenagers in our sailing. I booked our first ride first night after activities staff twisted my arm. 2nd time we booked a couple days later and also no issues. I’m guessing availability has a lot to do with who’s on sailing. You shouldn’t have any issues if you book first thing upon getting onboard. Idk what boarding process will be like outside Seattle embarkation, but for Seattle it was insanely quick. I’m not exaggerating that it was less than 10 minutes total from sidewalk outside to onboard the ship! If worried just plan on getting to port a little early. The racetrack was definitely worth it for husband and I. Just because we didn’t plan ahead and still got ressies no issues at all doesn’t mean a different sailing will be the same. I heard, second hand so can’t verify, that 4300 passengers onboard our Alaska sailing.

We had zero issues but we also didn’t have a ton of teenagers in our sailing. I booked our first ride first night after activities staff twisted my arm. 2nd time we booked a couple days later and also no issues. I’m guessing availability has a lot to do with who’s on sailing. You shouldn’t have any issues if you book first thing upon getting onboard. Idk what boarding process will be like outside Seattle embarkation, but for Seattle it was insanely quick. I’m not exaggerating that it was less than 10 minutes total from sidewalk outside to onboard the ship! If worried just plan on getting to port a little early. The racetrack was definitely worth it for husband and I. Just because we didn’t plan ahead and still got ressies no issues at all doesn’t mean a different sailing will be the same. I heard, second hand so can’t verify, that 4300 passengers onboard our Alaska sailing.

Thank you for the insight! Appreciate the advice. :):)