Internet promo questions

aimish

On my next cruise I have 250 minutes of free internet (promo), two 30 minute free internet packages (Latitudes freebie) and one free, unlimited internet package. Can I use them all separately for each family member or do they all overlap, which would mean that only the unlimited package has any value?

Also, I know NCL has crappy internet or you can upgrade for better internet. Can I upgrade the free unlimited package and just pay the difference?

The 250 minutes have a value of $125 toward an unlimited package. The Latitudes minutes have no cash value. The unlimited wifi has TBD value since it is a new promotion.

As far as I can tell, the unlimited and premium unlimited are the same service. With premium unlimited, ports for streaming services are unblocked.

Several weeks ago on the Dawn, we had the free 250 promo and two 60 minute Platinum Plus' for free. The 250 minute did give us the $125 value for an unlimited upgrade. We paid $85 difference I believe. The two 60 minute offers had no value in the upgrade. We just got the basic internet upgrade. It was pretty good though for normal activities, just no streaming. A single WiFi package can only be used for one device at a time. You have to log off one before the next will log on. However, it doesn't care who is using it.

I found that the WiFi internet speeds vary by the ship and also your location within the ship.

The Bliss had some of the fastest speeds I’ve experienced at sea:

4F1CF68B-CE34-47A5-9AAB-B38DDBA26C58.jpg

On the other hand, the Sky had some of the slowest.