Magic Delayed Arrival???

wrf2e

We received an email this morning advising that the current sailing of the Magic will have a delayed derbarkatiim and that we should add 1 hour to our scheduled arrival time at the port. Does anyone know what’s causing the delay?

I wouldn't stress over it . Sometimes you can receive those emails just to keep the masses from invading the port to early . Other times there could actually be a delay.

I thought it was weird that it was sent 4 days out, so I thought there might be a known propulsion issue or something. I was more curious than anything else. Either way, we take changes in stride, which is why we don’t mind sailing during hurricane season.

we were once delayed getting on a ship as the previous sailing had been to Belize...apparently Customs checks people more thoroughly returning from Belize....maybe this is the reason?

Marsha

It will have gone to Belize this week, so that sounds like a winning theory. Although, you’d think they’d prepare for that when assigning arrival times.

Might be getting a inspection. coastguard or CDC. It happened on the Conquest last year.

It happened to us on the Breeze in January 2018. It was having its CDC reinspection after failing in December 2017. They were not be allowed to open food or bar service during the inspection, so they delayed embarkation until they got the all clear.

At the same time as the health inspection was going on, the Coast Guard was doing a safety inspection and all the elevators were turned off. Many who did rush to get on ended up cooling their heels in the lobby because they couldn't make it up the stairs. Everyone was warned that there was limited seating in the lobby, but they went anyway. They finally stopped the embarkation process when the crowd in the lobby got too big and restarted it after they got the elevators up and running and got the lobby cleared out.