Movies on tbe Caribbean Princess

lexyplexy

When we were on in august it was Black Panther, I feel Pretty, Deadpool 2, ...there were 2 or 3 others as well that I cant remember off the top of my head. Deadpool was shown in the theatre one night vs MUTS and all the MUTS movies showed up on the tv to watch in your room the next day.

I've been keeping somewhat of a list so I know which ones to avoid watching at home. I'm sure there are many more I've missed.

So far;

Coco

Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tails

Avengers Affinity Wars

I Feel Pretty

Wonder Woman

Black Panther

Book Club

Eddie The Eagle

Movie Ready Player One

When we were on in august it was Black Panther, I feel Pretty, Deadpool 2, ...there were 2 or 3 others as well that I cant remember off the top of my head. Deadpool was shown in the theatre one night vs MUTS and all the MUTS movies showed up on the tv to watch in your room the next day.

If you've seen Deadpool 2 it's easy to understand why it isn't shown on MUTS. They would get numerous complaints about the language and it certainly isn't suitable for kids. (My wife and I both liked it. :p)

I've been keeping somewhat of a list so I know which ones to avoid watching at home. I'm sure there are many more I've missed.

Call me crazy, but if there's a film I really want to see, I'd rather watch it at home on my HD flatscreen with its good sound system then on a funky screen with multiple missing pixels and muddy sound competing with loud drunks and the sucking of the pool pump. Films in the Princess Theater are usually better, but the formatting is often wrong and they sometimes look like bootleg DVDs from China.

Call me crazy, but if there's a film I really want to see, I'd rather watch it at home on my HD flatscreen with its good sound system then on a funky screen with multiple missing pixels and muddy sound competing with loud drunks and the sucking of the pool pump. Films in the Princess Theater are usually better, but the formatting is often wrong and they sometimes look like bootleg DVDs from China.

I've been finding that my new 82" Samsung TV viewed from about 12' away really does offer a freaking great viewing experience. :cool: One of the last times we watched MUTS neither of us could understand anything being said in the movie and a couple of gulls had a fight in the air above us and dropped the -- middle third! -- of a fish that landed just barely behind my head with a loud smack on the deck. That was "interesting" to say the least! :p

We have had some quite enjoyable MUTS sessions but the last few cruises there was very little seating where one could actually hear the movie. Possibly too many people have complained about MUTS. I wish they would stop complaining and let us go back to being able to enjoy the movie outside. I'm old enough to miss the old drive in movies.

The Caribbean Princess was updated last year (see below), but I don't know about their other ships. When they first added MUTS the picture was blurry and stretched 1.33 images to fit their 1.77 screen. But I'm guessing most people did the same then and some still now on their home TV.

Dazzling Enhancements in Sight and Sound

How do you improve one of the most breathtaking cinema experiences at sea? By introducing a new screen that replaces the original 16 mm LEDs with 8 mm LEDs for twice the picture definition. You’ll also experience truer, richer colors and deeper blacks, along with 160-degree Extreme Wide Angle Viewing so everywhere is a great seat, plus Smart Contrast and Brightness that automatically optimize the picture for time of day and weather. We’ve even amped up the watts of our sound system to handle the biggest blockbusters and concerts.

This is the entertainment schedule on the CB for the 10 night Caribbean cruise - Sep 28-Oct 8.

17a2c8bcef77a1b98292fafdf65485c1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there any definite word as to where they'll be docking in St Thomas?

I know they've been docking at Havensight, but seeing that you'll arriving at 1:30 PM I thought it might change to Crown Bay.

Is there any definite word as to where they'll be docking in St Thomas?

I know they've been docking at Havensight, but seeing that you'll arriving at 1:30 PM I thought it might change to Crown Bay.

We were docked in Havensight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, they need a louder system all right. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not so sure about louder either but I wish the sound was crisper or easier to understand. If that makes sense....

I'm not so sure about louder either but I wish the sound was crisper or easier to understand. If that makes sense....

Totally makes sense. If I could sync Bluetooth earphones to the movie it would be fine with me. I just want to be able to understand what the people are saying.

Absolutely. I've got a problem with the volume of most events on Princess, like the bands, Show lounge & MUTS.

They're all to loud for my hearing & when I hear that they done something different to their systems I immediately think they've increased the volume.

Thanks

Totally makes sense. If I could sync Bluetooth earphones to the movie it would be fine with me. I just want to be able to understand what the people are saying.

Wouldn't that be nice....and not asking to much either.

It wouldn't take much to broadcast an audio channel so I could use my phone with earphones & understand the movie instead of trying to place addition speakers around the ship & blast them.