Supershuttle from San Pedro to LAX for Princess Cruises

AZ Karaoke Girl

I have a reservation with Supershuttle to take me from the pier to LAX. My pickup location on my confirmation says LAH Los Angeles Harbor but I don't know where to go when I get off the Star Princess. When I called Supershuttle and talking with them for a half hour, they still couldn't give me a definitive answer other than check with the ship coordinator when debarking.???? It's a prepaid reservation so I don't want to have to walk a mile with my bags to find out where they are picking me up. Can anyone help?

I also posted on Princess forum.

There were a bunch of Supershuttle vans waiting about 100ft from where we exit the terminal building last week when we got off the Island Princess. We were at world cruise center port (San Pedro). We used an uber.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lisa, when you get off the ship, collect your luggage and walk out the door, there is really only one place you can be (actually two or three if there is more than one ship in port--but, in that case, the shuttle companies will know which ship and which dock they need to be at...IOW, they will pretty much find you). In any event, just walk out the door and you won't be able to miss them. SuperShuttle has distinctively painted dark blue vans with large yellow lettering. They have all of their reservations on a computerized system and usually have a "coordinator" at the location...if they don't have that, just ask any of the drivers and they can look you up and direct you to the proper van. I guess what I am telling you is not to sweat it...it will be EASY...

They only know the port. They don’t know what ship so I guess my fear is I will have to walk a long way to the one shuttle location for all ships. Ships are huge and I am disabled. This is why I am a little panicky[ /quote]

Lisa, there are very rarely more than two ships in port...most often just one. Any Princess ship will, virtually always, be docked at berth 91 or berth 92– which are right next to each other, forming an “L”. There is a sign as vehicles approach the port that shows the berth assignments. The van should be very close...and chances are they will find you. Chances are you will be the only ship.

If you want to be absolutely safe, just keep SuperShuttle’s phone number with you...but I’m pretty certain you won’t need it...and won’t need to walk far if at all.

They only know the port. They don’t know what ship so I guess my fear is I will have to walk a long way to the one shuttle location for all ships. Ships are huge and I am disabled. This is why I am a little panicky.

There is no reason to be panicky. Shuttle pick-up is very easy at San Pedro. The shuttles know which ship is which and they all come in at the same area.

The driver won’t know what ship I’m coming off

It really shouldn’t make a difference...there are, basically, two berths (91 and 92) right next to each other on a small loop....

BUT, if you are that worried, let us know what date you are disembarking and we can check to see which other ships, if any, are in port. If it turns out there are more than one, you can call SuperShuttle and make sure they know which ship. OTOH, if you think about it, 3000 people will be getting off of your ship that morning, many needing rides to LAX or to a hotel...SuperShuttle makes its money providing those rides...they WILL be there.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update.  I walked off the ship and saw 2 Supershuttles and walked up to them and they took all 6 of us (2 different confirmation numbers) an hour before our scheduled pickup time.  It was awesome.  I reserved 8:30 but we were off the ship at 7:30. Showed both confirmation numbers and they took us to the airport right away.

• Like 1

Glad to hear it all went smoothly.

Can I ask what the rate was for the shuttle per person?  We're making our final plans for our trip in January and looking at shuttle options from the ship.  I can book with Princess, but they tend to be a fair bit more money.