NCL Spirit Barcelona Disembark to Airport Timing

Hello! I’m booked for a cruise out of Barcelona to the Canary Islands in December on the NCL Spirit. We get back to Barcelona to disembark on Thursday December 13th, port time states 5:30am.

We are looking to continue on to Paris after we get off the ship and I’m trying to figure out what flight time we should book. We are from the US so we’ll be staying within Europe for this fight from Barcelona to Paris, and getting off NCL Spirit which I know is a small ship. I’ve read it’s about 20 minutes to the airport. There’s a flight at 9:25am and 11:05am on this Thursday morning. Any chance I’d be able to make the 9:25am flight? We don’t have an issue waking up early and getting off right away and we both have TSA precheck but we will have checked bags. We’re only in Paris for one day so want to get there as soon as possible.

Additionally, the flights are on Vueling- any experience with this airline? It’s a new one to me as this is our first time to Europe.

Thanks!! :D

I think that 9:25 might be doable, but tight. Of course, you also have the option of taking the train from Sants at the same time, 9:25 - it will get you into Paris at 3:53 PM, but you'll arrive in the heart of the city, so can hit the ground running so to speak.

Vueling is a good airline and code share with Iberia. Buy on their website, has more ticket options especially around luggage. I would agree with previous poster that high speed train is a good option and certainly not that rushed. It may be extra 2 hrs at most. Train trip from GDG to center of Paris is close to 1 hr or more with luggage pick up.

If you buy train tickets from SNCF as soon as they go on sale (about 120 days) can be as cheap as 39€.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

I checked SNCF, ticket on that day is 69€ as cheap ones are sold out. Presently Vueling fare with luggage is 50€. Also it's to Orly which is closer to city centre than CDG. About 30-40 min on bus 8€ which goes to left bank (Denfert-Rochereau Metro). I don't see why 9:25 can't be done unless ship is late. Taxi ride is under 30 min, just make sure not to leave luggage for pickup and take it yourself.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

We just got off the Epic this morning in Barcelona. It was the easiest disembarkation we've ever done. You can walk off the ship and directly to the parking lot. Ten minutes tops from leaving the ship to the parking lot. Our ship arrived in port at 5am. Many people off the ship before 5:30. Lots of taxis there. We printed our boarding passes on the ship.

However, the Barcelona airport was a mess. We were on Air Canada along with about a thousand other people and none of the agents were on duty. I believe they were waiting to exactly 2 hours before our flight departed before they started waiting on people. I believe that TSA pre-approval will only help if you're in the United States.

• 2 weeks later...

So it sounds like we’d be able to make the 9:25am flight if we wake up bright and early and get off the ship right away. We’re more interested in flying to Paris since we won’t be in Paris for long (about 24 hours) and want to spend as much time there as possible. 

With the airline Vueling, if we book the 9:25am and somehow miss the flight, are they pretty good and rescheduling you for the next flight (if seats are available)? There’s just two of us. 

Thanks!