Traditional Dining Times on the Ruby!

spingal

I just logged into my cruise personalizer for my 12/8 cruise and was shocked to see that my dining time was 5PM!!!  The times listed are now 4:45pm, 5pm or 7:15pm.  I wonder if the show times were also moved.  If anyone is on the Ruby currently can they please let me know.  I want to change to 7:15 but also want to make sure that we don’t box ourselves in for the shows.

Future Ruby cruisers please check your dining confirmations!

Thanks!

So funny, I was just going to come on and post about the exact same thing.  I’m leaving on 11/3 on the Crown for the TA.  I originally was booked and confirmed for 6 pm traditional and have a printed travel summary stating same.  I was on Princess a few minutes ago to look at my booking and I see my dinner was changed to 5 pm traditional.  And the dinner times for traditional were 4:45 pm, 5 pm, & 7:15 pm.  I quickly changed it to 7:15 as 5 pm is just too early.  I know I’m getting older but not that old.......

So it seems like this is fleet wide and I know that my booking was just changed sometime today as I look everyday????  I don’t want to eat at 5 pm.

1 minute ago, canadarocks said:

Didn't see your post before I started my own. We had traditional 6:00pm dining for both our Caribbean & Crown Princess cruises in January. They've both been changed to 5:00pm. Not happy. 

So this must be fleet wide and just done today.  I’m cruising by myself so 7:15 is fine but I usually cruise with my friend who will NOT do later than 6 pm.  But 5 pm is just too early.  I guess I’ll see what’s going on when I get on board and will post.  I leave on Nov. 3rd.

I just opt for Anytime dining, mainly because the dinner times don't fit with when we want to eat.  I love Traditional in theory (having same wait staff and tablemates), but also want to have the freedom of Anytime.  We love the production shows and such in the Princess Theatre, so it's a trade-off.  Making reservations with Anytime alleviates much of the wait.

Edited by GloriaF

Gloria, wait until you go to Anytime Dining and get told "there's an hour wait" on Formal Night.  I only opted for Anytime Dining for one cruise, and that was my experience.  I ended up eating at the buffet.  I was VERY upset, and I have never done Anytime since.

I fear that these absurd dining times might be to try to force us to select Anytime.

12 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Gloria, wait until you go to Anytime Dining and get told "there's an hour wait" on Formal Night.  I only opted for Anytime Dining for one cruise, and that was my experience.  I ended up eating at the buffet.  I was VERY upset, and I have never done Anytime since.

I fear that these absurd dining times might be to try to force us to select Anytime.

I really don’t like anytime either because I want the same wait staff for an entire cruise.  They usually anticipate your needs or wants and after a night or two, they know exactly what to bring.  Now you’ll have to show up at ATD at 5:15 and wait for an hour or more because everybody still wants that traditional 6 pm dining.

On our Ruby Princess round trip Seattle cruise to Alaska that began on June 30th, this was the dining schedule posted in the first day Patter: 

Michaelangelo - deck 5 midship (anytime dining): 4:30 - 8:30 pm

Botticelli - deck 6 aft (traditional): 5:30 (1st seating; door will close at 6 pm); 8 pm (second seating)

DaVinci - deck 6 midship: 

• breakfast port days: 7 - 9 am
  • breakfast sea days: 7:30 - 9:30 am 
  • lunch sea days (including Ketchican with 1 pm sailing): noon - 1:30 pm
  • afternoon tea: 3 - 4 pm
  • traditional dining: 5 pm (doors close at 5:45)
  • anytime dining: 7:30 - 9:30 pm