What's the deal with locking threads???

This site just went back up today. There are many questions.  When I click on several threads I find I want to ask a question and but the thread is already locked??? What's the deal? In a nutshell...this new format is too difficult to read, gives one a headache after being on the computer a short time, not user friendly, too much trouble to access from phone and it seems the moderators are not allowing threads to stay open long enough to actually get help from other users. It is like...you are bad...didn't like what was written...so we will shut the thread down.

I see a huge increase in use of other social media sites coming.

11 minutes ago, whatcruiseisnext said:

This site just went back up today. There are many questions.  When I click on several threads I find I want to ask a question and but the thread is already locked??? What's the deal? In a nutshell...this new format is too difficult to read, gives one a headache after being on the computer a short time, not user friendly, too much trouble to access from phone and it seems the moderators are not allowing threads to stay open long enough to actually get help from other users. It is like...you are bad...didn't like what was written...so we will shut the thread down.

I see a huge increase in use of other social media sites coming.

The are locking the threads when they make a change related to that thread.  Keeps it cleaner.  If there's still an issue after the change, a new thread needs to be started.  Then another change can be made (and that thread will be locked).