Please, just read it...a LESSON learned, a BIG problem avoided!

catmand

You know, we all read complaints every day here. These complaints come from people who always seem to think "someone DID something to them" OR "somebody DIDN'T do what they wanted or expected. I have never read anyone that has come on here and said: I am an ass...........this is what I did to screw up. Well I wonder how this situation would have played out for me?

The moral of the story here is do your homework and more, be an advocate for yourself and if you didn't do this and you aren't happy, shut-up and please do not come crying to us and expect to be pampered.

Wanda and I booked our Hawaii cruise on Aug. 10, 2004. We used an on line agency. We used them for our last cruise (Alaska '05) they gave us great service, were quick to respond to e-mail questions (usually under 30 minutes) and we were very, very happy with them....still are actually.

All of my paperwork states our final payment is due 1/24. I just happened to mention it the other day and several people on my roll call wrote that can't be correct, it is the 15TH. Well heck, who knows better, them? or the people who want my money? Yesterday I sent an e-mail and got the reply, due on 1/24.

So I was OK with that.

Today I got a little nervous and called Celebrity and was told the 15th. Again,, I figured there must be something the agency knows that I don't but sent them another e mail asking why you the 24TH and Celebrity the 15TH? This is what I got about 20 minutes ago:

"For some strange reason when we processed the booking the computer put in the wrong final due date. They are pre-set and obviously pre-set wrong. Your final is due on 1/15/06 sorry for the inconvenience. Have a great evening." Liz

Can you guys just imagine what we would have been reading had this happened to a rookie who just went by the agency? Hell it almost happened to me.

Now, I know there are a LOT of lessons to be learned here, I will count on you all to note some of them............................Chuck PS: Thanks to all my roll call buddies for continuing to yell at me about the due date.

it is all your fault completely your fault your even lucky to be going on a cruise you are stupid

i mean its there fault they should give you something free wine cocktails something good job celebrity

i mean celebrity should up grade you free cruise something

i mean.........have a great cruise..............:D

Love these threads. They keep us straight. I had wanted to upgrade my parents on our last cruise and all the suites were showing booked. Someone pointed out to me that a suite had opened up and we booked immediately. I always said the most current info if here first. Very informative. My thanks to everyone. Hope I can help you in the future.

morefunn.............................duh?..............but I'll take a free cruise (that'll be the day).

Sandy, thanks for the input. One of the things I think I wanted to say was I wish there was some way to get people HERE FIRST, before they have their problems because they sure enough seem to post here AFTER they experience them.

Chuck, I'm so glad I kept fussing at you!!! I can't imagine you missing that deadline and missing the cruise. After all, you and Wanda are one of the reasons Bob and I booked this cruise. We are going to have such a good time!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Garry

Thanks Garry, I really would have felt like a schmo had I screwed this up. I can only guess the number of posts to this thread had I come back here and complained that Celebrity wouldn't give us a cabin at that late date.

ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We set our default to 90 days prior because so many of our clients still pay by check. Some folks just won't use credit cards.

Wheew... you lucked out.

I would find that 'Have a great evening' comment in the TA's email a bit of a slap in the face, although that might be down to cultural differences (I'm from the UK). If it was me sending that email I would be more apologetic; 'sorry for the inconvenience I know this must cause', etc, etc.

What agency did you use?

I can't mention them here on CC, I don't think I can, always get confused on that whole thing. I can tell you they are large, conduct business via e-mail and were excellent to deal with on our last cruise., oh I already wrote that didn't I?

E-mail me click here is below in my signature in my original post, send me an e-mail and I'll let you know.

usha, and I just can't believe how stupid I was. I have been thinking about this for a week and just kept ignoring the idea that they may be wrong. Just last night Wanda and I did some funds moving and targeted things to happen on the 23rd.

another thing this should be a lesson to first time cruisers ALWAYS use a good reputable cruise agent who KNOWS cruising.

Tom, it didn't really bother me, I was just glad I got a correct answer.

ocygypz, you said it!

Chuck, I'm so glad I kept fussing at you!!! I can't imagine you missing that deadline and missing the cruise. After all, you and Wanda are one of the reasons Bob and I booked this cruise. We are going to have such a good time!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Garry

Garry you are lucky in cruising with Chuck and Wanda. We are also cruising buddies of theirs in that we met on a Sapphire Princess cruise back in 2004, have since sailed with them just this last year on the Infinity to alaska. They are great, great people and I am glad that you "fussed" at them with the deadline. Have a great, great cruise.

Marilyn

P.S. Hi Chuck and Wanda

Indeed lesson learned. We had a silimar situation a while back so, now, when we cruise - if we are the group leaders, we always have a deadline for payments and then we have the REAL deadline for payments (we usually allow one or two weeks to allow for stragglers) and this way everyone is happy, including the TA who has to process the payments.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Hey Chuck-did you make the rental car reservations??????????

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Rental car?..............................Rental car?.............I think so, that was for Maui, right?

yes I made the reservations Bob.

Marilyn, thanks for those kind words.

I just thought of something else in reading some posts this morning on another board. There are a couple of people complaining about things that will not happen for 6 weeks. Are there any psychiatrists or sociologists around? What is wrong with so many people these days that they feel the need to grip about every little thing?

Hi Catmand !

Thanks for the excellent Posts. I am glad you were able to fix things, before they got out of hand. Yes, it is am excellent lesson learned, and a good message for our Friends who read these posts.

The bottom line is, no matter how good (or bad) your TA is, it is CRUCIAL, that you be on top of things too. Mistakes happen, but as the paying customer (and the one who will suffer when things go wrong), you need to be aware of what is going on at all times.

I am fortunate, that I have a great TA. Even so, I always try to stay up to date with my bookings and arrangements at all times.

I can't mention them here on CC, I don't think I can...

That's correct. And that's because we will not permit the agency to reply to a criticism, or a plaudit so it would not be fair to the agency to let it be identified on the boards.

About the OP, as others have said, if a serious mistake is made, the agency and the client both suffer, but not equally. The agency loses a client but goes on with business; the client loses a vacation that cannot be recovered and probably a bunch of money.

Whether buying a house, booking a cruise or ordering dinner at a restaurant, the customer must be on top of all important aspects of the transaction.

Chuck,

I am not a psychiatrist, but I am a poster boy for Holiday Inn Express. The malady to which you are referring-whining about things that won't happen till a future cruise is technically known as Preparting Depression:D

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Archived