Southern Caribbean Itineraries being dropped from Port Canaveral?

ProgRockCruiser

We like to sail out of Port Canaveral because it is very close to where we live.  In the last year we've booked a couple of Eastern Caribbean itineraries and one to Bermuda.  Earlier this year it seemed there were several 8-day Southern Caribbean itineraries to choose from (well, two basic ones on two different ships, I think).  But I now see that the furthest any of those itineraries go out is April 2019 (not counting the 13/14-day super-cruises).

Is Carnival re-allocating the southern itineraries to sail out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale or something, at least for FL departure ports?  They have Southern Carib cruises available out to April 2020 (or so).

I don't really want to drive that extra bit, but I guess we might have to eventually.  (We still need to book a Western Caribbean too at some point, but Aruba and Curacao are more appealing to me than Cozumel.)

• Like 1

We had to go with sailing out of Ft Lauderdale on Royal Caribbean just to get the Southern Carib itinerary we wanted for 2020. 

I really don't want to drive that much further either, and recently I've been having second thoughts about sailing on RC after reading some things recently, but I really want to visit all 3 ABC islands....

48 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Is Carnival re-allocating the southern itineraries to sail out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale or something, at least for FL departure ports?  They have Southern Carib cruises available out to April 2020 (or so).

I don't really want to drive that extra bit, but I guess we might have to eventually.  (We still need to book a Western Caribbean too at some point, but Aruba and Curacao are more appealing to me than Cozumel.)

As far as I know, Ft Lauderdale has always been the embarkation port to get the 8 day Southern.  We did that itinerary out of Ft Lauderdale on the Splendor in 2017.  It's now currently being handled by the Conquest until next Spring and then the Magic will take over.  I didn't know that there were any Southern out of Port Canaveral, but apparently there is.  The Sunshine appears to be doing the 8 day Southern about once a month through the Spring as you found out.  The Horizon will also continue to do that itinerary out of Miami.