touring from Southhampton to Heathrow

msmeltz

We're also arriving early from a cruise on Sea Princess and don't have to be at Heathrow until late so we are thinking of taking a tour of Windsor and the surrounding area.

Would love to hear other suggestions from fellow posters also.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also looking into what to see after disembarking after cruise and plane not leaving Heathrow until 5pm. I looked at Princess' website and there are several tours listed under Southampton. They don't say they pick you up at ship, take you on tour and drop you off at airport, but I'm wondering if they have similar tours. On all the past cruises I've done, they have always offered tours on the last day which drop you off at the airport.

Anybody know if Princess does this, too? I'm going to try to call later when I have time, but would like to know if anyone has done this through Princess. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Allow 3 hrs for check-in at LHR and 2hrs for Southampton - LHR. So you haven't got a lot of time to play with - Stonehenge is viable (it doesn't take long to walk around the stones) or Winchester but not both. Windsor Castle is not far from LHR and is pretty and interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

We aren't taking any of the tours from Princess the day we disembark. We are staying overnight and we booked our transportation with Woodford plus we added on a tour and then they'll drop us off at our hotel.

If I happen to read on the boards about any tours people are taking as a post cruise from Princess I'll let you know.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the replies.

We have booked woodford , and they will take us for 6 hours of touring on our way from the ship to Heathrow.

marilyn

Woodford is the best on the planet! They provided all our transportation--from Gatwick to Eurostar, from London to Southhampton and back to Gatwick. Cheryl is a doll

• 1 month later...

We are using http://www.conciergeservicesuk.co.uk. They are providing a minibus for our group of 8 from London to Southampton on the day of our cruise. On the return trip, we also don't need to get to the airport until 3pm, so they are picking us up at the ship, and taking us to Winchester, where we'll have 2-1/2 hours to sightsee and have lunch, and then they'll drop us off at the airport.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This might be of interest as it is an alternative to the normal trourist places people gravitate to. So if you can live without Windsor Castle, Winchester, Salisbury etc this will make a completely different few hours. It is very close to Southampton and would make a very relaxing few hours plus a chance to see "proper England" rather than thenormal tourist trails.

http://www.bucklershard.co.uk/

with lunch or a real English beer in an old pub at:

http://www.themasterbuilders.co.uk/about.htm and then a look around if the time allows at

http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/

• 1 month later...

If you want personal service from a wonderful guide use Harry Norman Tours

Harry took us on 2 days tours last summer - the first from London to Old Sarum, Stonehenge and Salisbury and the second to Hampton Court Palace.

He is a fun and entertaining guide who knows all the history of everything, he's such a gentleman and will custom tailor your day so it is perfect for your needs.

Archived