Prinsendam Promenade Deck cabins

shepp

Hi Prihsendam old-timers. I'm looking at booking a Vista Suite on promenade deck (AB/BC). They look desirable, with larger verandahs than usual for the ship. Does that translate to a smaller actual non-verandah cabin interior, though? And are the verandahs at lest partially covered? Thanks!

It translates into a cabin that is not an original Prinsendam cabin and has none of the character of the other Prinsendam cabins.

Those were installed at a drydock by HAL and they are standard HAL cabins - no walk in closet, etc.

It can also translate into vibration noise.  There has been some improvement since the original issues but there are still some complaints about it.

IIRC, the verandahs are deeper but narrower.  The rooms were a bit smaller.  You might want to take a look at halfacts.com and compare.

Speaking for myself, I would avoid those cabins as I enjoy the ambience of the original Prinsendam cabins which were installed when the ship was built for a luxury line. Others may disagree with me, but I far prefer the original cabins on this ship.