Many thanks to POA1 for his helpfor all of us with the new website & to me for the Future Cruise Listing.

kazu

It is really unfortunate that the changes have been so awful!  I too, wish we could go back.  I do get occasional emails from Tapatalk, but when I check, I can't even log in.  

I think a lot of websites are "upgrading" for security reasons, but I don't understand why CC would have needed too, as we really don't give out much information, personal passwords, birthdates, etc.  And I imagine, as more and more people log on to the site, more "space" (?) is needed, but change for the sake of change is not always beneficial.  I will probably just give up soon.   I don't use TripAdvisor any more, since they "upgraded".

Maybe we should all just go on strike!

I meant to start out by thanking POA too, and saying he is our go-to guy for all things technical!

Edited by Vict0riann

30 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

It is really unfortunate that the changes have been so awful!  I too, wish we could go back.  I do get occasional emails from Tapatalk, but when I check, I can't even log in.  

I think a lot of websites are "upgrading" for security reasons, but I don't understand why CC would have needed too, as we really don't give out much information, personal passwords, birthdates, etc.  And I imagine, as more and more people log on to the site, more "space" (?) is needed, but change for the sake of change is not always beneficial.  I will probably just give up soon.   I don't use TripAdvisor any more, since they "upgraded".

Maybe we should all just go on strike!

I meant to start out by thanking POA too, and saying he is our go-to guy for all things technical!

Right now, the CC system is not supporting any mobile apps - including Tapatalk 😞

so, this is it for now.  Not sure if there will be changes or not.

I got a kick out of the announcement today saying how to fix the posting, login and log out problems.  I've done it twice on both the laptop and Ipad.  I'm lucky if I can do one post on the Ipad.  Sometimes the laptop works and sometimes it doesn't.  Not impressive at all.

CC relies on advertising dollars which is based (I believe) on views and posts and the membership. So if they don't get this fixed, views are going to go down, postings are going to go down and yes, people will stop visiting.

I would like to think that this is in the forefront of their minds as they have the 'engineers' as HelpJenn called them fix the glitches.