Cuba excursion conundrum...?

There are two excursions we would like to do on the FULL day in Havana, Cuba.

1. 'Vinales' goes into the countryside - 10 hours duration.

2. 'Cabaret Tropicana' 4 hours.

The question is does anyone know what time the 10 hour trip gets back and what time the Tropicana departs?

My gut feeling it can't be done. 😭

Keith (Southend)

Possibly not.  You need to consider priorities and the board you are on.  If all inclusive you will miss out by buying own drinks at night. If you are a party animal it is possible to wander around Havana on your own and get back for the trip. Do allow time for getting through the port customs both ways and getting your Cuban spending money at the port.

As the long 10 hr trip does not have to return in time for a sailing it could get delayed by tardy passengers too.

• Like 1

I can't comment on the 10 hour trip.  If you haven't been to Havana before, then I would settle for exploring the Old Town independently, go for a taxi ride in one of the Vintage cars - not expensive and just revel in the decayed beauty and atmosphere of Havana.  We've been twice and love it.  But what I would recommend is the Club Tropicana.  What an experience!  If we were to return to Havana, we'd definitely do that excursion again.  (The blurb about the trip when we went said 'a welcome glass of sparkling wine and then some nibbles and a DROP of rum'.  That turned out to be a 1Litre bottle of Havana Club between four plus a can of cola each!!!!)

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

I can't comment on the 10 hour trip.  If you haven't been to Havana before, then I would settle for exploring the Old Town independently, go for a taxi ride in one of the Vintage cars - not expensive and just revel in the decayed beauty and atmosphere of Havana.  We've been twice and love it.  But what I would recommend is the Club Tropicana.  What an experience!  If we were to return to Havana, we'd definitely do that excursion again.  (The blurb about the trip when we went said 'a welcome glass of sparkling wine and then some nibbles and a DROP of rum'.  That turned out to be a 1Litre bottle of Havana Club between four plus a can of cola each!!!!)

I think you just sold that to us. The difference between going in the vintage car is only £18 each, so we might as well 'push the boat out' so to speak :classic_biggrin: ps: I keep getting that old 80's Wham song in my head.

We have been to Cuba for a week a few years back, stayed at Veradera, but only did a day trip to Havana, not the evening, so looking forward to this.

Many thanks kruzseeka for your input.

Keith (Southend)