Hurricane Willa

Mrsdub

Hurricane Willa scheduled to hit on Tuesday in parts of Mexico. We are cruising next week on the  carnival Splendor to Mexican Riviera. One of our stops is in Mazatlan and that is also where the hurricane is headed.  How may this effect our cruise? Thank you!

Unless she actually damages the port, you'll be just fine. And given that Mazatlan is actually an industrial port, I doubt there will be much damage. Walking around in Mazatlan could be interesting. 

On the good side the Splendor is on her way back from Hawaii this week so the current cruise should be unaffected as well.

1 hour ago, Griff61 said:

We are also cruising on the Splendor on Nov 3rd.   It got me wondering what the cruise line does if both PV and MAZ were both down.  I can see going to Ensenada but where else would they go ? 

Overnight in Cabo. or Catalina.

19 hours ago, Mrsdub said:

Will the cruise line contact us ahead of time if they know of upcoming changes?

19 hours ago, Griff61 said:

Probably not.  They have there a$$ covered with the contract 

We've gotten notices of itinerary changes due to weather via e-mail prior to our cruises.

On 10/22/2018 at 10:46 AM, mkcurran said:

Unless she actually damages the port, you'll be just fine. And given that Mazatlan is actually an industrial port, I doubt there will be much damage. Walking around in Mazatlan could be interesting. 

On the good side the Splendor is on her way back from Hawaii this week so the current cruise should be unaffected as well.

Actually, Mazatlan in itself,  is not an industrial port. It's just somewhat industrial right where the ship docks.

It depends on how much damage was done. The storm surge is supposed to be significant.

11 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Actually, Mazatlan in itself,  is not an industrial port. It's just somewhat industrial right where the ship docks.

It depends on how much damage was done. The storm surge is supposed to be significant.

Color me confused I assumed when I saw all the containers and cars waiting to ship out that it was industrial. 

On the good side Willa lost a lot of her steam as she came ashore. From what I've heard so far the damage was less than anticipated.  

20180501_075606.jpg

20180501_162355.jpg