Bahamas no longer incentivize cruise ships. I have a suggestion.

scamper

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/bahamas-discontinues-cruise-incentive-policy.html

Seems the Ministry of Tourism no longer feels they should 'pay cruise lines' to stop at their ports.  The claim is the government pays $12 million a year to encourage ships to use their ports--but not all passengers get off the ship.  From my point of view, part of the reason might be found if they look inward.  A significant part of their population are notoriously bigoted toward LGBTQ passengers.  Many Jamaicans are the same way.  I have not been on a cruise to Nassau, but if I did, I would stay on the ship as well.  I am not going where the population has actively protested against my sexual orientation.  I have been to Jamaica twice on ships, and only got off the first time.  That was to climb the falls at Dunn's River.  I have no further desire to visit Jamaica, (added to the fact that a lot of their people are really pushy in general) there's nothing for me there.

What are your thoughts?

We have ended up with Nassau as a port of call on a few sailings now, not as one we wanted but as one that happened to be on an itinerary we otherwise liked. Typically we get off the ship and spend an hour or two walking around the main tourist area before reboarding. There's not much of interest, and generally it is a bit dirty and unpleasant. We've not experienced any mistreatment due to being a gay couple in Nassau, but it's not a great port stop. We went to Jamaica only once, and not by choice. The itinerary was completely changed on that cruise because of the hurricanes in 2017. Surprisingly, it was one of the best port experiences for a western Caribbean itinerary. We were with a straight couple and booked a private tour, just the four of us. We had no issues, and our guide was very friendly. But I wouldn't go to Jamaica on purpose, that's for sure. We were apprehensive and glad that it turned out well.