5 ships in port

deladane

On my next cruise on the Carnival Dream, we are scheduled to arrive in Costa Maya at 12 noon.  According to 2 other cruise calendar sites, we will be the last of FIVE cruise ships in port that day, and the other four ships don't leave until late in the afternoon.  From everything I've read, Costa Maya only has space for 3 ships to dock (I think they are planning to expand the dock, but that won't be finished before my cruise in March 2019).  Does anyone know how the docking situation is handled in this case?  My cruise documents only list an asterisk next to Belize to indicate the tender ports, so I would assume that means we will be docked in Costa Maya.  It just doesn't make sense to me considering the other ships will be there hours before us and I would assume they get priority on the docking spaces.  Has anyone been in a similar situation and know how it will be handled?  Thanks in advance!   

They are extending the dock at Costa Maya.  To handle up to six ships.

Assuming the pier is ready when you arrive, you will dock.

Not sure if the reef is conducive to anchoring.  If tendering, you'll probably go by ship life boat as there are no ferries in CM.

I heard about the pier expansion but I doubt it will be finished by March... they were predicting late 2019 or early 2020 🤔

It is very rare to have so many ships in Costa Maya at the same time, but I was just hoping someone had experienced it to let me know how the port handles it.