Blue Waters Resort & Spa Day Pass

HockeyMa

I have to ask - Has anyone had a less than wonderful experience while on the All-Inclusive Day Pass at Blue Water's Resort & Spa?  I've read great reviews and the photos are lovely - So I was completely surprised that our day-pass experience was such a bummer...

My husband and I just returned from a 7-day RC cruise, where we opted to do the All Inclusive Day Pass at Blue Waters Resort & Spa in Antigua for our port visit ($300 for 2 adults).  Of our 5 days of port visits, this was the one day I was looking the most forward to, after seeing the photos/reading reviews of Blue Waters - Couldn't wait to go there!  Though unfortunately, my husband and I jointly agree, it was the worst day pass we have experienced to date (seasoned cruisers, here), and the worst day of our entire cruise (even the cruise ship's hospitality blew Blue Waters out of the water). 

Absolutely, the resort is impeccably manicured, lovely and tranquil - however, the service was the worst we've seen from any resort.  It was obvious from the minute we checked-in, that American's weren't exactly looked kindly upon, and it was seen in the front desk service, service at the bar, and service in the restaurant.  We were overcharged at the front desk upon check-in - Sure, it was only a $9, though they opted to "round up" the cost for the 2 all-inclusive day passes + tax/resort fee (which we thought was exceedingly tacky and dishonest).  The two gentleman staffing the water sports office, were the exception to the rule - They were quite lovely, and kind to set up a private sailing lesson for my husband.  From what one of the staff told us, later in the day, they really don't like American visitors - as they stereo-typically think we are rude. 

The entire day was quite frustrating really - Despite our high class manners and warm/friendly demeanor, we still received less then good service, yet still tipped amazingly well for the service we were able to receive.  The cost for 2, all-inclusive, was $300 for the day (not including another $100 in tips) - Which we feel was a poor value for the money, considering, it was the most difficult and frustrating all-inclusive I've ever been to - So frustrating to get a snack/meal, even a drink (it felt like pulling teeth).  The waitstaff were simply rude.  We also had difficulty getting a towel during the day as the clean towel bins, at each pool area were empty throughout the day.

I've never written a negative review of any all-inclusive, yet curious if anyone else has had a similar experience at Blue Waters?

Edited by HockeyMa

• 4 months later...

Hi

Our first choice for a day pass was Sandals, but I had no luck.  I then decided on Blue Waters on an 'entry only' day pass.  We absolutely loved it!

The place itself is wonderful and we were lucky enough to have amazing staff too.  They were so attentive and interested in us and made us feel 'special'.

Just in case anyone was wondering about going, it might be worth a try...