Miami Handicapped Parking

Lessum

Is it true that now only Those with specialized equipment or FL Disabled Veteran tags get free handicapped paeking at Miami?  My husband is a disabled Vet but we have GA tags.

Edited by Lessum

"Miami-Dade County Ordinance requires all guests with a disabled parking permit or license tag to pay standard parking rates except as provided by Florida State Law. However, two hours of complimentary parking will be provided to vehicles displaying a disabled parking permit or license tag.

In accordance with Florida Statute 316.1964, ONLY vehicles with specialized equipment such as ramps, lifts, or foot or hand controls, for use by a person who has a disability, or any vehicle displaying a State of Florida license plate for disabled veterans Adobe PDF issued under s. 320.084, s. 320.0842, or s. 320.0845 or displaying the Florida Toll Exemption permit, is exempt from parking charges."

Everything you need to know about POM parking is here: http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp

I'm not a lawyer and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night :classic_wink:, but I would speculate that the requirements for DV plates from other states are looser than the requirements set by FL.  There are spaces designated for those with handicapped placards, you just do not get FREE parking unless you meet the requirements set forth in FLA law.