Sky Wonder

Skyrules

Pullmantur Cruises have announced that Pacifc Sky will be renamed Sky Wonder when it commences sailing with them later this year.

To look at what she will probably look like go to this link,

http://www.infocruceros.com/foros/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13163

and scroll down towards the bottom of the page.

Kym

Yes, it would be interesting.....

but I wouldn't like to know if they are criticising the ship and saying how horrible it looks..... Not that I think they would, because it's a lovely ship, no matter what colour it is.

I must say though, it looks better with some colour I think it looked very plain as Fairsky and Sky Princess - too much white.

Kym

Wouldn't you love to know what those people are saying???

Karen

I ran a "Translate to English" option over the page. The first person wants to know how many passengers it takes and also commented that they "Liked its classic lines".

A guy called Kevin further down didn't like the outside much, but once he saw photos of the inside he thought it was very smart.

Most of the others (to date) were commenting on passenger size and other such information.

Anyway, if they don't like it then we would like it back! ;)

i wonder if you can get a position on the delivery voyage they will probably sail her empty i wnder if you can sign on just for the trip am going to miss her i am going on last south pacific cruise 28 jan should be interesting

Would you really...really....really want to have Pacific Sky back

instead of waiting for Regal Princess ?????????

Well, the Pacific Sky was replaced in Brisbane by the Pacific Star, not the Regal Princess! ;)

But I think there will be a reshuffle when the Regal Princess comes Down Under.:)

...and in my wildest dreams I still can't see the Regal Princess sailing out of Brisbane every week or so. Sydney for sure!

The bottom line is that Brisbane had the "Sky" and now it's got the "Star", and

if there is a belief out there that Brisbane will the the "Sun' in some reshuffle, then the debate can rage once again. Most people who have sailed on both seem to prefer the "Sky".

...and in my wildest dreams I still can't see the Regal Princess sailing out of Brisbane every week or so. Sydney for sure!

if there is a belief out there that Brisbane will the the "Sun' in some reshuffle, then the debate can rage once again. Most people who have sailed on both seem to prefer the "Sky".

I really hope Sun DOESN'T come to Brisbane!

But I'l reserve my opinion on Star staying here until after I've been on her in March.

Kym

There is no doubt Regal Princess, which I have heard maybe called Pacific Carnival for obvious reasons;) , will sail out of Sydney when she arrives next year. The question is whether Sun takes over from Star in Brisbane or whether Sun moves onto the Melbourne and Asian based cruises. I guess it will all depend on how successful the short Sky season in Asia is. This will determine whether the smaller Star is more suited to Melbourne and Asia.

I really hope Sun DOESN'T come to Brisbane!

But I'l reserve my opinion on Star staying here until after I've been on her in March.

Kym

Hi Kym

Is the Sun really THAT bad!! I am certainly looking forward to my cruise on her.BTW our passports arrived about 15 minutes ago.:D

Karen

Hi Kym

Is the Sun really THAT bad!! I am certainly looking forward to my cruise on her.BTW our passports arrived about 15 minutes ago.:D

Karen

Karen,

Actually, it's not a bad ship! I guess my problem was I liked Pacific Sky much better, and because we had only 6 months between cruises, it was too easy to compare the two, and they don't compare that well. If Pacific Sun does end up in Brisbane, I wouldn't not sail on her. I could probably ignore the garishly decorated show lounge and it's gold sea horses, and the smoke in the Gazebo bar, and the rude Maitre 'd :)

I'm sure you'll love the ship and the cruise experience.

It's exciting when you get things like passports in the mail isn't it!! We'll be paying for our cruise this week, so we'll have the excitment of our tickets etc arriving to look forward to, and then of course the cruise it's self!

Kym

Hi Kym

Yes, I know I'll enjoy it. I loved the Fairstar when I cruised on her and I've heard so many people who have been on many ships say nothing compares to the Fairstar. Obviously, more for the funtime rather than its decor as it was a very old ship. But it certainly was a party ship. The thing is though, it's been almost 20 years since that cruise so it will be easy not to compare.

Yes I was very excited when the p/ports arrived. We only had our interview 10 days ago. The problem is though my friend who was guarantor dated my youngest son's form wrong and she is away at the moment so I have to wait until she gets back (hopefully tomorrow) to sign it again. So my poor son is the only one without a p/port. Ah well, we have plenty of time.

Karen

Hi Kym

Yes, I know I'll enjoy it. I loved the Fairstar when I cruised on her and I've heard so many people who have been on many ships say nothing compares to the Fairstar. Obviously, more for the funtime rather than its decor as it was a very old ship. But it certainly was a party ship. The thing is though, it's been almost 20 years since that cruise so it will be easy not to compare.

Yes I was very excited when the p/ports arrived. We only had our interview 10 days ago. The problem is though my friend who was guarantor dated my youngest son's form wrong and she is away at the moment so I have to wait until she gets back (hopefully tomorrow) to sign it again. So my poor son is the only one without a p/port. Ah well, we have plenty of time.

Karen

You did well to get the passports that quickly - did you pay extra for express service?? When I had mine renewed in 2004, in time for our cruise on Pacific Sky, it took the full 3 weeks to get it back. I'm suprised they didn't pick up the date mistake at the interview, that's the whole idea of having the interview.

Kym

Yes, I thought that was the purpose of the interview as well. It wasn't picked up until it reached the p/port office.Never mind, we'll get it eventually. No, we didn't pay for express service and was very surprised that they came so quickly. The 10 days from interview time to receiving them had 2 weekends so it was very quick.

Karen

Hi Kym

Karen

Karen

The Sun is a good ship, it has bigger cabins and is more modern, but a lot less open decks, I think the Sky has a better layout and more personality, if they both sailed out of Sydney I would prefer the Sky, but more then happy to go on the Sun.:)

Karen

The Sun is a good ship, it has bigger cabins and is more modern, but a lot less open decks, I think the Sky has a better layout and more personality, if they both sailed out of Sydney I would prefer the Sky, but more then happy to go on the Sun.:)

Thanks Gyyp, that is what I would call an honest, unbiased opinion. I know it has less open deck but from my little experiance on cruising I don't think that will be a problem for me. (When I was on Fairstar, I never spent any time on side promenade deck). Although, I did like the disco on Fairstar as it was out on deck, sort of partly under cover, if you know what I mean. Also, having kids, that could be a big bonus. The bigger cabins is certainly a bonus as there will be 5 of us in it. You are on the same cruise as us and as I see it will be your 5th on the Sun in 13 months so obviously it isn't that bad. How many are you travelling with? For us, it is just me, hubby & 3 kids (15,11 & 10). We will have to make sure we get together for a drink or 2 (or 10).

Karen

Karen

I think you have hit the nail on the head. We all have our preferences, and we all like to compare. The bottom line however, is that we love all the ships, just some more than others :)

Thanks Gyyp, that is what I would call an honest, unbiased opinion. I know it has less open deck but from my little experiance on cruising I don't think that will be a problem for me. (When I was on Fairstar, I never spent any time on side promenade deck). Although, I did like the disco on Fairstar as it was out on deck, sort of partly under cover, if you know what I mean. Also, having kids, that could be a big bonus. The bigger cabins is certainly a bonus as there will be 5 of us in it. You are on the same cruise as us and as I see it will be your 5th on the Sun in 13 months so obviously it isn't that bad. How many are you travelling with? For us, it is just me, hubby & 3 kids (15,11 & 10). We will have to make sure we get together for a drink or 2 (or 10).

Karen

Karen, there is nine in my group, myself , my wife, 2 married children (32 and 28) and partners, 1 younger child (7) and 2 grandkids (5 and 1) All addicted to cruising, we have a 4 berth and a 5 birth cabin booked.

Karen, there is nine in my group, myself , my wife, 2 married children (32 and 28) and partners, 1 younger child (7) and 2 grandkids (5 and 1) All addicted to cruising, we have a 4 berth and a 5 birth cabin booked.

Well, that is certainly a group of all ages. Can't wait to meet you. We'll have to set a date & time (with kazza as well if she'll be in it) and as I haven't been on the Sun before but you & kazza have, I'll leave it up to you to pick a place.

Karen

Well, that is certainly a group of all ages. Can't wait to meet you. We'll have to set a date & time (with kazza as well if she'll be in it) and as I haven't been on the Sun before but you & kazza have, I'll leave it up to you to pick a place.

Karen

No problem will arrange closer to the date. :)

Archived