Mini trip report

MissEileen23

I just got off the Riviera Ionian passage cruise and wanted to post a few highlights. This was only my second cruise and my first on Oceania.

i posted my thoughts on the ships motion in another thread about cruising in October so I won’t share them again here. 😉

We misses the first port of Rhodes due to a combination of a medical emergency and rough seas. So we had a day at sea, then Heraklion, Santorini, Argostoli, Kotor, Dubrovnik and Venice. I loved all of the ports but I think the sail in to kotor was definitely the highlight of the trip for me. It might be one of my highlights of all my travels honestly!

The Riviera was a very nice ship. My stateroom was really comfortable and I loved having a balcony. The bathtub was nice too! I felt like I had plenty of space. I was in a Concierge Level A4 room. It’s hard to compare but I’m not sure the Concierge level amenities were worth the extra cost but when I booked Concierge level was all that was available. It probably helped somewhat to have the early access to dinner reservations but I like to eat late so I’m guessing it didn’t matter that much for me.

The food in the specialty restaurants, especially Red Ginger, was excellent! The Grand Dining room was good but not the same level in my opinion. The breakfast was very good at Terrace cafe and Waves. I only had lunch on board once and I ordered room service. This was the only bad meal of the trip for me. I didn’t experience much of the entertainment although I did see a singer one night and she was outstanding.

As most people have said, the WiFi is not good. The one device limit per stateroom seems ridiculous in this day and age, but it is what it is. The service everywhere on the ship was beyond outstanding. It really blew me away and is the main reason I would choose Oceania again if I decide to do another cruise.  

Ive attached a photo from all of the ports other than Venice. I hope you enjoy and please ask me any questions while my memory is still fresh. 🙂

84014B6C-F2ED-4FF5-B6B3-76E7E22B2E7E.jpeg

A22FA795-443B-4F43-B76B-31613A1FD5B3.jpeg

550B8810-200C-416E-9AA8-264C99ED3D3B.jpeg

7F042741-7F18-4321-91EC-02B3B41D8938.jpeg

F3089EC0-66DB-4E77-BF9E-561941C6AB01.jpeg

THANKYOU very much for a nice review!

the photographs are wonderful!!

so being in a Concierge level did you receive a small bottle of champagne in your room or a large bottle of sparkling wine? Also was it chilled or in fridge.

what was wrong with lunch room service?

did you use the concierge room available to you? What were the times if you did.

Thanks again and much appreciated.

Denise😊

55 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

so being in a Concierge level did you receive a small bottle of champagne in your room or a large bottle of sparkling wine? Also was it chilled or in fridge.😊

IME  it comes like this

image.png.76246ddef06e92b3c4409c4205310654.png

Thank you!!!!!! You guys on Oceania boards are so nice and come through so quickly with responses. That is very nice ambience to enter on embarkation! With HAL our champagnes wines etc are set on our table and we have a small wine bucket! Perfect!

Denise 😊

The champagne I received was Monopole and it was in a chilled bucket as the previous poster showed. My husband went to the Concierge lounge a couple of mornings to get tea and we used it once to have the Concierge change our dinner reservation. I believe the lounge was open all day but the Concierge was only there in the mornings and late afternoon/evenings.

I got a salad from lunch room service and it was ok but my husbands burger was really overdone and they just put a slice of cheese on top of it that was cold. We also ordered a California roll appetizer and I don’t know what they brought us but it didn’t look like any California roll I’d ever seen! I’m probably being nit picky here but it was just a far lower quality meal than any other we had on the ship.

On the Riviera, Barcelona to Athens, we took advantage of room service for hot breakfast on 2 mornings when we had early excursions.  The food was delivered on time and was hot and one missing item was quickly replaced.  We used the complimentary laundry service twice and were pleased although it does have a 3 day turnaround.  I used the Concierge lounge to read the newspaper but had no other needs for it, so I found it a marginal amenity.  We enjoyed the Spa Terrace several times and recommend it.  We took advantage of the early booking of reservations in the specialty restaurants to get the times we favor.  The complimentary champagne was nice, but I would rather have a choice of a red wine instead.  All in all, the Concierge level was very nice but we are booked in one of the large balcony B3 staterooms for our next cruise in 2019 on the Marina.  We shall see which we like, the bigger balcony or more amenities.

On 11/2/2018 at 12:19 PM, LHT28 said:

so the big question remains

Is it Champagne or Sparkling wine?

Under  perks  for Concierge  it lists

Complimentary welcome bottle of Champagne

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/suites-staterooms/concierge-level-veranda-stateroom/

Lyn, We're in a Concierge room on Insignia. It is definitely Champagne. Monopole Blue Top Heidsieck, which I see at  Total Wines for about 33 a bottle. It tastes pretty good.