Considering MSC Seaview

gingernm

Hi All,

New to MSC, considering Seaview out of Rome on 24/07/2019.  Currently not seeing any deals for MSC, is this the norm or are there regular offers that I just need to wait for?  Find that a drinks package thrown in can sway booking!  :-)

Any tips for Seaview, cabins to avoid etc?  Would be looking to book a balcony.

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

Rob.

Have you signed up on their website for specials?  Sometimes interesting deals come in your email.  But it may differ here in the US.  Something else to consider:  I am booked on Seaside for Feb. 2019.  I am not particular about cabin type, love having a balcony, but find I often don't use it enough to  justify the cost.  When I was seeking to book, it was suggested that if I booked an OV gty, I would have a good chance of an upgrade to a balcony.  If you look at the deckplans, there are 38 Bella OV cabins, and 42 Fantastica OV cabins, not counting the 8 HC cabins.  There are a heck of a lot more balconies!  So, I rolled the dice and booked a Fantastica OV gty.  And I have been assigned a Fantastica balcony on deck 14 midship.  EM

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the Seaview, by far my favourite ship to date. Beautiful design, very new and modern, and despite its massive size, I never felt it was too crowded, or that I couldn't find a deck chair. or that there wasn't a place for me cool off after tanning. Drink packages should be available when you book and confirm your sailing by customizing it later, or onboard. Avoid cabins on decks 8 and 15, because it will be loud above and below you. Other than that, just have a good time :)

From what I’ve seen they do offer free drinks occasionally as a deal, but seems to be often when it’s a way in adavance.

drinks packages recently change, so actually not quite as good as value as they used to be now, but still ok