Star Breeze

Spanky My

We just returned from a 7 day cruise doing the islands off Spain, France and Italy. The seas were rough and it rained 3 of the 7 days . That said we still enjoyed the trip. The star breeze food was excellent . The ship was in very good shape and the suites were very nice.

The service in the dining areas were not as good as our last Windstar cruise but just OK. Our room steward was excellent however. I would be happy to answer questions about the ship while it is fresh in my memory😊

Happy you had nice time, thanks for sharing. We did that coast on  the Wind  Surf pre motor yachts and we loved it. Lucky us we had great weather and it was the during November. Happy WS cruises measured up. Happy Sailing. Susanne

@Spanky My: We were on the same cruise, but our experiences where a little different from yours.

Our cabin (especially the bathroom) was not in a very good shape - for example the sinks had been renewed, but the valves not. As a result of this, it was nearly impossible to wash our hands because the excess length was too short.

Drawers were ageing and the carpet should need a renewal.

The temperature at the public areas was much too cold in the first three days (we felt like being kept in a freezer).

Dinner at Amphora was outstanding - the best of our three Windstar cruises (2 x Breeze, 1 x Pride).

Dining service was excellent and our room steward did a great job.

We had a problem with a generator noise from outside our cabin the first night and were not able to sleep - after several escalations with housekeeping management we were moved to a balcony cabin by the cooperative Hotel Manager - he did a great job!

Captain Vitalj and the officers were very open-minded and reachable for all guests - we felt like being in a big family - that's the 180 degrees from the ordinary-feeling!!!

Weather was a mix of sun and rain - we had the chance to get out dry everywhere and visited all the islands.

The bottom line is, that we like the Windstar experience very much, but it is time for an essential renewal of all cabins including the furniture - otherwise Windstar will loose us as guests in the future ...