Port of Miami question

beloum

I am taking a cruise out of Miami, but flying into Ft. Lauderdale. I was thinking of renting a car in Ft. Lauderdale and driving down to Miami (since I will be staying overnight in Ft. Lauderdale before the cruise. My question is--does any car rental company have a return location near the port, or would we have to drop off at the airport and take some kind of Shuttle/taxi to the port? Or, is thare a beter way to get to the port of Miami from a Ft. Lauderdale hotel? Thanks

I am taking a cruise out of Miami, but flying into Ft. Lauderdale. I was thinking of renting a car in Ft. Lauderdale and driving down to Miami (since I will be staying overnight in Ft. Lauderdale before the cruise. My question is--does any car rental company have a return location near the port, or would we have to drop off at the airport and take some kind of Shuttle/taxi to the port? Or, is thare a beter way to get to the port of Miami from a Ft. Lauderdale hotel? Thanks

Yes, your major car rentals have the Cruise Terminal Drop off, check with Thrifty, and Budget or Dollar, I was looking at those the other day.

Heres the Link for Dollar and the Port of Miami:

http://www.dollar.com/world_locations/city.aspx?state=FLORIDA&citycode=MIAP01&city=MIAMI#listTable

Yes, your major car rentals have the Cruise Terminal Drop off, check with Thrifty, and Budget or Dollar, I was looking at those the other day.

NO, you cannot drop your car rental off at the Port.

The port location on the car rental web sites is the same address as the airport location.

Avis has a downtown location that just opened in Jan 2006. We are also flying into FLL and staying in Miami pre-cruise. I will then take the family and luggage to the pier in the morning, and then drive to the downtown Avis location to drop off car. It is a $5 taxi and 5 minutes back to the pier...quick, easy, and painless!

NO, you cannot drop your car rental off at the Port.

The port location on the car rental web sites is the same address as the airport location.

I just called them and you are right, but both Thrifty and Dollar will shuttle you to the cruise terminal at no charge after returning the car.

I just called them and you are right, but both Thrifty and Dollar will shuttle you to the cruise terminal at no charge after returning the car.

There's a BIG difference between dropping your car off at the port and having a shuttle dropping you off at the port. Imagine how surprised car renters would have been had they attempted to drop their car off at the cruise terminal. Sure would've put a damper on my vacation.

• 1 month later...

Any other car rental agencies with shuttles to the port of Miami? TIA.

LAX

Archived