Flitght comparisons

Katie333

HI all

I seem to recall hearing about a website (or websites) that were not affiliated with any airline where you could price compare various airlines and even online travel agencies such as Expedia to see who had the best deal for your flight.

I've been searching and can't find it anywhere - anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks!

If you are inquiring about a specific flight then the general answer is that the best fare is typically obtained at that airline's website, although I recently read that this may not always be true for flights operated by Northwest Airlines.

If you are inquiring about any flight that goes from Airport A to Airport B on a given day, then most "aggregator" site like kayak.com, sidestep.com or mobissimo.com will search a range of sites and list which site to go to for the fare/flight shown. It is useful to note however, that some sites like Expedia.com will not allow these aggregator sites to "scrap" their inventories, so using them will not guarantee that all possible flight/fare options have been considered in their search. And, of course, none of these sites include Southwest Airlines and a few other very minor airlines. The bottom line is, I don't believe there is one website that does everything.

I had very good success using www.bookingbuddys.com. They have many many sites to check out flights. That is what I did until I found the cost and itinerary I wanted and then went to that airline and booked my flights for Med. for Sept.'06. I was able to get 1 stop flights from FLL to BCN with nice times inbetween flights for $750pp!! Also you might want to join tripstalker.com(it's free); you put the price you are looking for, etc. and they watch hourly for changes and flights and alert you. It is a cool service.

Good Luck.

Pooh

Archived