Carnival Glory Help Requested

Herbaltees

I am putting together a family scavenger hunt. I would like it to last the duration of our cruise, so I can award a prize to the group or person on the last sea day.

What are some items I can put on the list?  I would like items that are ship and port specific. We are sailing to Roatan, Belize, Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

TIA for any assistance.

If you want something shop or port specific, why not buy the prizes while on the ship or in port? Since you want to give out the prize at the end of the cruise, you have time.

Or are you looking for us to tell you what to buy? If that’s the case, on the ship is easy. Just get something with the Carnival Glory on it. You can find memorabilia in the gift shop. 

In Roatan, I highly recommend chocolate from the Roatan Chocolate Factory. You can find them in the shops right at the port. The chocolate is delicious (the best I’ve ever had) and the chocolate does not melt in the heat. We were there on an extremely hot day and no melting whatsoever. 

For Cozumel, you can always get some vanilla extract. That’s a very popular item for that port. Just do a bit of research ahead of time so you know what to look for and don’t end up with imitation vanilla. 

Edited by bakersdozen12
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

If you want something shop or port specific, why not buy the prizes while on the ship or in port? Since you want to give out the prize at the end of the cruise, you have time.

Or are you looking for us to tell you what to buy? If that’s the case, on the ship is easy. Just get something with the Carnival Glory on it. You can find memorabilia in the gift shop. 

In Roatan, I highly recommend chocolate from the Roatan Chocolate Factory. You can find them in the shops right at the port. The chocolate is delicious (the best I’ve ever had) and the chocolate does not melt in the heat. We were there on an extremely hot day and no melting whatsoever. 

For Cozumel, you can always get some vanilla extract. That’s a very popular item for that port. Just do a bit of research ahead of time so you know what to look for and don’t end up with imitation vanilla. 

These are really cool ideas. I bought something from the fun shop but I think adding some items from each port is a fun  idea. Thanks.

• Like 1

Well there are a lot of things that go unnoticed on board a ship.  So it would be fun .  Look for the palcard with the ships name and build date , it is usually stamped metal.  Some have trophy cases.  Look into places and rooms you never go to.  also the idea with crew members might work also.   Like a bartender might keep and item on display behind his or her bar for you.  Locating a crew member would be interested as crew member s dont know all other crew members.    Or like find the safety officer lol, that is some one that goes unnoticed.  umm ports could be get a picture of .......   like a statue?   Find the pirate at  Grand Cayman, or find the second floor pool?   that is my thoughts have fun.

• Like 1