i am terrified of lizards!

lemongirl65

let me begin by saying the following:

1. my fear is irrational

2. i know "they are more afraid of me..."

i am sailing on the glory 4/24/2004 with stops in belize, cozumel and progresso.

i am planning on doing goffs caye snorkeling in belize

paradise beach in cozumel

beach in progresso

my question is...are there lizards running around on the beach?, do you see those "jesus" lizards?(my own personal nightmare)

I've only seen one lizard on all the cruises I've been on, and that was in the bushes at the hotel in Tampa. Don't worry, you most likely won't encounter any (I hope).

Suep366394@aol.com

woodstock-28.gif

NEXT UP~SENSATION 5/6/04!

MARINER~ 9/19! MIRACLE~FEB 13,2005!

Miracle.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/upstatedon OUR CRUISE PICS!

The only time I saw a lizard (or iguana) on any of my cruises was when we were touring the Mayan ruins at Tulum one ran across the path right in front of me. I let out the loudest scream that they had to stop the tour so they could make sure I was ok. It was not one of my better moments.

Carole

6/03 Carnival Pride

10/02 Carnival Victory

6/00 Carnival Imagination

8/99 Carnival Inspiration (cancelled after 1 night due to Hurricane Dennis :-( )

next up...Carnival Destiny 4/25/04

I did see many big lizards in the gardens at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. They stay pretty motionless...don't bother you one bit.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;4;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until my Majesty of the Seas cruise!

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

Yup...that looks like to same little guy I saw...lol...you will see them along the trails at Chankanaab...guaranteed...but honestly...they don't bother you...if it wasn't for my two kids looking for them and pointing them out...I probably would have never noticed them.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;4;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until my Majesty of the Seas cruise!

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

We had heard there were lots along the trails in Chankanaab, and we wandered around in there for a long time looking for them and didn't see a single one! Some kid said not to go to the left up ahead because there were lots of snakes. Of course my daughter turned to the left and we didn;t see those either!

There is little to fear from lizards as long as you follow the same precautions as for avoiding snakebite

from

http://www.survivaliq.com/survival/poisonous-snakes-and-lizards.htm

POISONOUS SNAKES AND LIZARDS

from

http://www.i4at.org/army/appe.htm

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

Originally posted by glrounds:

There most likely will be a lot of _LOUNGE LIZARDS_ on the ship. So beware ! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Gary icon_cool.gif

LOL---is this the voice of "experience"? icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Sandra

Till CONQUEST family and friends cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

TILL LadySpoilt BECOMES A FULL FLEDGED ROYAL HOUND

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;09;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

three types of losers in the world: The Lounge Lizard, the Weak Wastrel, and the Forgetter

from

http://www.lewrockwell.com/tucker/tucker18.html

In the Land of the Lounge Lizards

from

http://www.lysator.liu.se/adventure/Sierra_On-Line%2C_Inc/Larry.html

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

You will definately see lizards in Cozumel, especially if you go to the "other side" of the Island. We rented a jeep last April and they were everywhere, especially around Coconuts Bar. At first I thought I was seeing things, maybe too much "to-Kill-ya" and they are very fast too. We will be there in May and I hope to try and take videos of them, I think they are neat, although I can relate to your fears, I am terrified of spiders and would not want to see them running around. Stay close to town and you shouldnt have a problem.

Derf,

the lewrockwell link was fantastic. As an employer I've printed it out and am going to post it tomorrow morning in a very conspicuous place. icon_wink.gif

Thanks,

Gary icon_cool.gif

Ladyspoilt, Who? Me? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Dolphins.gif

Originally posted by glrounds:

Ladyspoilt, Who? Me? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

No..no..no~~ icon_cool.gif My apologies Mr. Glrounds...I do believe I may have confused you with someone else.....no names mentioned~~ icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Spoilt

Till CONQUEST family and friends cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

TILL LadySpoilt BECOMES A FULL FLEDGED ROYAL HOUND

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;09;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Well, sorry to burst your bubble...

Here are 2 pictures taken at Chankanaab by my DH of the 2 huge creatures we encountered.icon_eek.gif

pic 1

16316347JCCRgckKlo

pic 2

16316025oZYVGOoyyT

Kristyhaloslip.gif

AOL IM:Eddie2Kristy

My 2 fav places to be: on a cruiseship -OR- in Busch Stadium watching the Cardinals!

stl.gif

*FRAN*, WHERE ARE YOU?

check out our vacation pics here: http://community.webshots.com/user/kristyandeddie

Archived