Car Rental?

Katie333

Poor Bonaire, no one posts here!

I'm wondering if anyone might have had the experience of renting a car in Bonaire and taking your own tour - I am interested in the national park and trying to spot some flamingos. :)

I've been to Bonaire several times and there are several spots on the island to view flamingos, one is the salt pans on the southern end of the island and the other is up by Goto Meer. This site has a lot of information on Bonaire (http://www.infobonaire.com/) and will probably answer a lot of questions you may have.

• 3 months later...
Poor Bonaire, no one posts here!

I'm wondering if anyone might have had the experience of renting a car in Bonaire and taking your own tour - I am interested in the national park and trying to spot some flamingos. :)

Contact Netty's Rental http://www.nettyscarrental.com/home.html

You can go south to the salt flats for flamingos. You will need a telephoto lens to get close pictures. That is the only way to get a picture that doesn't have pink dots on it. You will need a jeep or truck to go north to Washington park. Word to the wise, It is rustic and a rough ride. You will need all day to go thru the park. We usually take to trucks if we go because if you break down, you may not see anyone esle for days. Rincon is the only large village on the island. Aks to get to the icecream store if there. Home made ice cream. They are not always open.

We enjoy Bonaire.

Bob

• 6 months later...
Ok, I made a ressie for Hertz the cruise location since the others close for lunch 12-1 and we are supposed to arrive at noon. Has anyone used Hertz? How far is the airport from the port? They claim they will shuttle us. Has anyone done it?

Jenn

The airport is close to the pier. Just about everything is close to everything in Bonaire :) . I don't think you will have any problems with Hertz.

Archived