Military Discount

back-at-it

12 hours ago, back-at-it said:

I just booked a 4 night cruise in the Infinity on line.  They gave me the perks and $100 per night per person for the Military discount.  I checked with Celebrity customer service to see about the Police discount, as my wife would qualify for that, and they said it was less and would affect the perks.  He said the Military discount did not and was a bigger discount.  So I stayed with it.

Correction,  This cruise came with a $600 discount, the Military discount was $200.  But it did not affect my perks.  I still got them.

17 hours ago, Wine-O said:

We had an AUS/NZ cruise that cost $6,000 and included 2 perks (Bev Package & Grats).  Ten months or so out they were offering the same category stateroom with the Military Discount for $3,800 without the perks.  For $2,200 we gave up the perks.  Later, after final payment, we were able to upgrade to Aqua Class with the perks for $1,000 (Military Discount).  

You have to accept the offer they have at the time -- some with the perks and some without the perks.

Do you by chance remember how long ago that was?

The military rates offered in the past were so much better than the meager standard military discounts that are available now. 

Those great military rates would only show up occasionally, but when they did, they were really terrific deals.

Maybe it will equal out over time though:  receiving a small military discount frequently instead of getting a huge military discount occasionally.

Edited by varoo

2 hours ago, varoo said:

Do you by chance remember how long ago that was?

The military rates offered in the past were so much better than the meager standard military discounts that are available now. 

Those great military rates would only show up occasionally, but when they did, they were really terrific deals.

Maybe it will equal out over time though:  receiving a small military discount frequently instead of getting a huge military discount occasionally.

It was on the Solstice 17 Feb 2018 sailing.  We had friends on the follow-on cruise, and they did not offer the same discount.   We had to keep checking as the rates come and go as the ship fills.