Regatta Caribbean 1/2007

SheilaNC

We're thinking of booking our first on Oceania fof next Jan...usually sail Celebrity and we're taking our family to Alaska in July to celebrate big anniversary, so $$ will be scarce for awhile thereafter. Question - is there a best way to get a good price on Oceania. Our usual online TA's company doesn't book Oceania, so we're starting from scratch. We have had excellent service from her for past 5 cruises and hate starting anew. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Thanks

Hello,

We booked the Regatta for 1/2/07. There is a online site that I use just to find the best deals, then call my TA who books for us and usually gets us a upgrade or slightly better price. She's retiring so, we booked it ourselves. Oceania was offering a 2 for 1 with free air, but they were sold out and said we would have to be on waitlist for the inside rooms, since they only have around 25. The "other" site gave us the choice of 6 inside rooms at a better price than the Oceania 2 for 1 with free air (we didn't need the air) and we were able to book immediately. The other day I noticed the price on their site came down about $50.00 from what we paid. I called them and they said it was for a cabin on deck 4 (we are on deck 8) and we also have cabins right next to our travel companions, so we didn't switch cabins.

I don't think I can post the site address for you, so reply with your email if you are interested and I will send you the site address where we booked.

Linda

I've read your posts over on Celebrity. We did Xpedition on Dec. 9-the best. We're doing the Insignia on June 26, 14 days in & out of Dover. We got 2 for 1, free airfare but took the $800 air credit as I used FF miles to London. We booked an inside guarantee and are on deck 7, hoping for an upgrade when we arrive if the ship isn't sold out. Youi get the best deal with Oceania bu booking early. I reserved a year in advance. Two guys who were on Xpedition with us are going to be on Insignia-small world. Great travel minds think alike. Come along on this sailing-frankpc from Xpedition will be onboard too!

Susiesan,

Would love to sail with you on June 26, but we've just booked a family cruise to Alaska for July on Celebrity, so our trial of Oceania will have to wait 'til January. Do post when you return. If Frank is the Frank that we met prior to his Xpedition trip, he's the one who turned us on to Oceania. Makes me really want to join you :(

Susiesan,

Would love to sail with you on June 26, but we've just booked a family cruise to Alaska for July on Celebrity, so our trial of Oceania will have to wait 'til January. Do post when you return. If Frank is the Frank that we met prior to his Xpedition trip, he's the one who turned us on to Oceania. Makes me really want to join you :(

Yes, it's the same Frank. Funny how we all gravitiate to the same cruises. I had sailed twice with Renaissance so that's why I wanted to try oceania. This size ship is ideal. And I like port intensive cruuises.

Guess I'm not too surprised that those of us who loved Xpedition might be interested in other similar adventures. Same thing happened with SandyR and me - we did the Xpedition then the Millennium to the Med and Sandy just did the Xpedition and is doing the Millennium this year! Maybe we should start an Xpedition alumni association and plan trips together. Sorry we can't join you and Frank in June...maybe next time we should all plan together.

We sailed on the Xpedition last August and Sheila your info was invaluable! This year we booked two Oceania cruises. If you need any info after we return (or before) please ask away. I will be happy to return the favor. We are booked this Feb 14th on the Regatta ( Caribbean) and also on Insignia's 8/03/2006 Northern European itinerary.

We also loved Renaissance and the wonderful experience on the Xpedition reminded us of our preference for smaller ships rather than mega-cruisers. Hopefully Celebrity will come up with a few new Xpedition ideas!

It's nice to "hear " some familiar voices.

Marcia

Archived