Is Ruby Entertaiment Good, Plentiful? Anyone Have Patters?

Cruiseathoning

Patters are hard to find.  Some I did it looked ok.  On the fence sell me either way.  I don't want boredom obviously, however I am maturing so Broadway is not boring to me.  Subjective I know.  It is odd to see so many posts about the same cruise from different people seem like different universes of experience.

On 11/19/2018 at 5:29 PM, Cruiseathoning said:

Patters are hard to find.  Some I did it looked ok.  On the fence sell me either way.  I don't want boredom obviously, however I am maturing so Broadway is not boring to me.  Subjective I know.  It is odd to see so many posts about the same cruise from different people seem like different universes of experience.

While I have not recently been on the Ruby, entertainment is pretty consistent on Grand Class ships.

There are evening production shows  and guest entertainers in the theater. Guest entertainers include comics, musicians, singers, magic, etc.

There may also be comics and magic in Explorer's Lounge.

Live music includes sets of classical, jazz, rock/pop, ballroom, piano entertainers. Music usually begins around dinner time and as the evening progresses there will be multiple sets in all the lounges. Late night there is a DJ in Skywalker's.

There are also evening activities such as cruise classic theme parties, deck party, piazza parties/balloon drop, evening trivia, karaoke, marriage game and similar. You will not be able to do it all.

Just off three weeks on Ruby.  If you have been on more than just a few Princess cruises, you will have seen all the (same. old) production shows before.  since we had seen all of them many times, we only went to the Princess Theater one night, and that was for a wonderful singer who left the ship after week one.  There was a comic and a magician, neither of which interest us.  Although Ruby now has installed On Demand on their TVs, the movie selections are inferior in quality (and quantity too) to Regal and Royal.

That being said, the current cruise director did a great job with activities.  There were many more than there are on many Princess cruises the past couple of years.  sorry I did not save any the Patters.  I never do.

So I found enter