BEWARE of FLL

teach01

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10834294/

I am now afaird to fly into FLL for my Brillance cruise, it seems to be a violent town. Homeless people are being attakced on a regluar basis. We should not give FLL any money, they are not doing enough to help the homeless.

Good Lord.........what do homeless being attacked have to do with flying into Ft. Lauderdale? :rolleyes:

I'd be willing to bet your town is violent. You've probably just closed your eyes to it. Unlesss the population is in the thousands.:rolleyes:

Crime happens everywhere.

And by the way, it is not a "regular basis". It just happened.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-cbeatings14jan14,0,4585601.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

I just checked the city you live in, and while there have been no murders, rapes, burgulary, aggravated assaults, and property crimes are common.

I am now afaird to fly into FLL for my Brillance cruise, it seems to be a violent town. Homeless people are being attakced on a regluar basis. We should not give FLL any money, they are not doing enough to help the homeless.

No the sky is not falling. FLL is not a violent town. If you are that afraid then you might want to just stay home. Murders happen in cities of all sizes.

Good Lord.........what do homeless being attacked have to do with flying into Ft. Lauderdale? :rolleyes:

I'd be willing to bet your town is violent. You've probably just closed your eyes to it. Unlesss the population is in the thousands.:rolleyes:

Crime happens everywhere.

And by the way, it is not a "regular basis". It just happened.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-cbeatings14jan14,0,4585601.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Yes my town is violent, everyday people run red lights and exceed the speed limit and are given warnings by the police. I was being fecious----this was in response to the post regarding Jamaica---shyt happens EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!

Yes my town is violent, everyday people run red lights and exceed the speed limit and are given warnings by the police. I was being fecious----this was in response to the post regarding Jamaica---shyt happens EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!

Well, I must have missed the smilies, or winkies then.....:) ;)

Oh for goodness sake! How in the WORLD would anyone know that you based your post on some other obscure post on CC?? Give me a break :rolleyes: .

Poor choice of words to start a thread.

Poor choice of words in the thread also.

JMO

I hope you're not talking about me...if so, I think my post may have been taken wrong.

I thought it was embarrasing for her, and lack of a better word, I said tongue-n-cheek.

As far as the 1st comment, addressing that I missed the smilie, and the wink, I was not excusing her/his post.

Hope that cleared that up. But, I should also add, that I have not read the thread they were mocking, so not sure what it's all about. Maybe I should go check it out...

I hope you're not talking about me...if so, I think my post may have been taken wrong.

I thought it was embarrasing for her, and lack of a better word, I said tongue-n-cheek.

As far as the 1st comment, addressing that I missed the smilie, and the wink, I was not excusing her post.

Hope that cleared that up. But, I should also add, that I have not read the thread they were mocking, so not sure what it's all about. Maybe I should go check it out...

I was talking about the OP's choice of title and words/comments in her thread. I think the whole thread was in very poor taste. I take it in my mind that it was posted to mock the Jamaica thread. So, I would say that it was tongue in cheek in my own words, not yours. :) My opinion only of course. ;)

PS Nice picture. :)

I live in Ft Lauderdale and that is a load of crock. I am not sure what was your source but Ft Lauderdale where the homeless man was attacked was not near the airport, port or any other tourist activities. Ft Lauderdale has very little crime. Yes, what happened was terrible but you will find very little crime here. If you are letting one or two incidents affect your where you go then don't leave your house.

Actually Teach...I knew exactly what you were doing right from the beginning. The "we should not give FLL any money" was the kicker for me.

THANKS!!! They sure do especially when it hits close to home (i.e.US)

If you ever get raped, murdered, assaulted becuase of your race, or sexual orientation etc, please let us know so that we can make fun of you too. :D

Actually I wouldnt make fun of you or make light hearted jokes either. I will pray for you as I am doing now. I feel sorry for you and I hope that none of the above ever happens to you.

I knew right off what you were talking about in your bogus thread. Apparently you missed the point of that particular thread.

It wasnt about crime in general. It was about people being targeted specifically for their sexual orientation. That was only one publicized incident. Can you imagine how many more happen that are not reported?

Gay or straight everyone should be shocked that a fellow human being would be targeted for specific reasons.

How sad that you cant see that, but then again ignorance is bliss.

I will still pray for you.

If you ever get raped, murdered, assaulted becuase of your race, or sexual orientation etc, please let us know so that we can make fun of you too. :D

Actually I wouldnt make fun of you or make light hearted jokes either. I will pray for you as I am doing now. I feel sorry for you and I hope that none of the above ever happens to you.

I knew right off what you were talking about in your bogus thread. Apparently you missed the point of that particular thread.

It wasnt about crime in general. It was about people being targeted specifically for their sexual orientation. That was only one publicized incident. Can you imagine how many more happen that are not reported?

Gay or straight everyone should be shocked that a fellow human being would be targeted for specific reasons.

How sad that you cant see that, but then again ignorance is bliss.

I will still pray for you.

Thank you so much.

You have to understand that all some of the folks care about out here is their Diamond memberships and dressing up for dinner.

Thank you so much.

You have to understand that all some of the folks care about out here is their Diamond memberships and dressing up for dinner.

Or maybe these topics don't belong in this forum? C'mon, lighten up....

Archived