BEWARE of FLL

teach01

I live in Palm Bay FL and there was a couple of homeless people beaten to death in our area last year, one in Melbourn one in Orlando area, But I have no intention of letting that stop me from shopping in Melbourn or Orlando or Cruising out of Port Canaveral which is very close to both.:D However I do feel bad for the familys of these victims, but I dont think this board is the proper place to discuss these type of events, because it really has no bearings on the cruise lines or cruisers.;) We want to chat about good things as we prepare for our cruises.:)

Or maybe these topics don't belong in this forum? C'mon, lighten up....

Why does this topic not belong?

Do topics like Tipping/Dress Code/Fashion Police belong?

I live in Palm Bay FL and there was a couple of homeless people beaten to death in our area last year, one in Melbourn one in Orlando area, But I have no intention of letting that stop me from shopping in Melbourn or Orlando or Cruising out of Port Canaveral which is very close to both.:D However I do feel bad for the familys of these victims, but I dont think this board is the proper place to discuss these type of events, because it really has no bearings on the cruise lines or cruisers.;) We want to chat about good things as we prepare for our cruises.:)

I think your probably right.

What really bothers me is the "I don't care" attitude taken by a number of posters. That really does not belong.

Thank you so much.

You have to understand that all some of the folks care about out here is their Diamond memberships and dressing up for dinner.

Personally, I'm more concerned about what type of appetizers the conceige lounge is serving. <g>

Thank you for wording this in a way no one can debate......

I think your probably right.

What really bothers me is the "I don't care" attitude taken by a number of posters. That really does not belong.

I come here to discuss and talk about cruising and to have fun. This is the place for me to talk about good things in life like vacation, meeting friends, etc. Does this make a non caring person. Maybe in your eyes but I don´t think so. Yes bad things happen around the world these days and it´s sad but I´m not willing to let this affect my life 24/7. There is a time and place for concerns and there is a time and place for fun and the sunny side of life.

I think this is the place for the sunny side and I guess I´m not alone.

If this makes me/us (including the people that may think the same way) non caring people in your eyes, OK be it so. It´s fine to have different opinions.:)

I come here to discuss and talk about cruising and to have fun. This is the place for me to talk about good things in life like vacation, meeting friends, etc. Does this make a non caring person. Maybe in your eyes but I don´t think so. Yes bad things happen around the world these days and it´s sad but I´m not willing to let this affect my life 24/7. There is a time and place for concerns and there is a time and place for fun and the sunny side of life.

I think this is the place for the sunny side and I guess I´m not alone.

If this makes me/us (including the people that may think the same way) non caring people in your eyes, OK be it so. It´s fine to have different opinions.:)

About the only thing I have to add is if you don't like the thread then don't read it and don't post.

This started out as a thread about crime in a port city. It might not be "fun and games" but it probably belongs on a cruising board.

"Everyone is not entitled to an opinion.

Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion."

Harlan Ellison

About the only thing I have to add is if you don't like the thread then don't read it and don't post.

Same rule belongs to posts, if you don´t like them don´t read them or respond to them.

If you would read what I said you would know I never said this thread does not belong here, I just stated that tipping/dress code/etc. belongs here because it´s a cruise board. If you make the conclusion that I stated your thread does not belong here it´s your problem, I never said this.

Like said before I´m not looking for an agreement with you, well maybe we could agree to disagree but you won´t be able to tell me not to post what and where I like too.:)

"Everyone is not entitled to an opinion.

Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion."

Harlan Ellison

This started out as a thread about crime in a port city. It might not be "fun and games" but it probably belongs on a cruising board.

No Teach01 started this thread as a poke at another thread (as everyone quickly found out) about avoiding Jamaica because of a particular crime there.

Your posts should be on that thread based on your opinion on the topic. Not bashing people on this thread about their thoughts or feelings on the topic. I suggested you should "lighten up" on the OP, not change your moral opinion or feelings.

No offense meant but maybe you should take your own advice and don't post if you don't like the topic (as it seems you don't).

CVBart, the OP.. Teach01 stated afterward it was meant as a light hearted joke and apologized. What more do you want?

No Teach01 started this thread as a poke at another thread (as everyone quickly found out) about avoiding Jamaica because of a particular crime there.

Your posts should be on that thread based on your opinion on the topic. Not bashing people on this thread about their thoughts or feelings on the topic. I suggested you should "lighten up" on the OP, not change your moral opinion or feelings.

No offense meant but maybe you should take your own advice and don't post if you don't like the topic (as it seems you don't).

CVBart, the OP.. Teach01 stated afterward it was meant as a light hearted joke and apologized. What more do you want?

Are the boards moderated at all?

I don't have the time to read every thread and try to figure out what's real and what is a poke.

I will take your advice and just stop posting.

Thanks to everyone for again setting me striaight.

Maybe I over looked the apology Fury1995. Could you point that particular reply out to me? Maybe I missed it? :confused:

If you ever get raped, murdered, assaulted becuase of your race, or sexual orientation etc, please let us know so that we can make fun of you too. :D

Actually I wouldnt make fun of you or make light hearted jokes either. I will pray for you as I am doing now. I feel sorry for you and I hope that none of the above ever happens to you.

I knew right off what you were talking about in your bogus thread. Apparently you missed the point of that particular thread.

It wasnt about crime in general. It was about people being targeted specifically for their sexual orientation. That was only one publicized incident. Can you imagine how many more happen that are not reported?

Gay or straight everyone should be shocked that a fellow human being would be targeted for specific reasons.

How sad that you cant see that, but then again ignorance is bliss.

I will still pray for you.

One might be offended by the first line in your statement as well, even though your next statement clarifies it as a joke.

BTW, I have been assaulted for one of the reasons you mention here on more than one occasion. Feel free to make fun of me instead of the OP because I "got it" and knew it was light hearted sarcasm right away.

Maybe I over looked the apology Fury1995. Could you point that particular reply out to me? Maybe I missed it? :confused:

No, you didn't miss it. But maybe you you missed the fact it was not a serious request. I APOLOGIZE ... for I mis-spoke, but the OP did make it known it was a joke.

Sure. Before I knew you were being facetious, I was wondering how someone in Pennsylvania would question a crime or boycott a city in Florida, when we all know that your crime rate, as well as Maryland's, is way up there. Yes, I am very familiar with West Chester, however, I was referring to PA (Pennsylvania) as a whole. ;)

Not sure what this means, could you explain?

Fury thank you for the help, but I DID NOT apologize nor do I plan on it. As a matter of fact, I would not be sure of what I am apologizing for? The article I posted was taken from MSNBC or MSN and it truly did happen. It is true that I did not let any posters know that I was being fecitious for a few posts. But what strikes me as odd is that I did not see a request for apologizes in the post that caused me to post this one. It is SOOO interesting to me that we (the posters here) can post day and night about the safety or lack there of of other countries (the worst was Aruba with thd disapperance of that girl) and NO ONE asks for apologies yet when it hits the US it is a different story all together!!!!! Let's not forget the picture of the perpertrators (sp) could have somethign to do with it, and that is all I am going to say about that---let the flamming begin!!!!!!

Fury thank you for the help, but I DID NOT apologize nor do I plan on it. As a matter of fact, I would not be sure of what I am apologizing for? The article I posted was taken from MSNBC or MSN and it truly did happen. It is true that I did not let any posters know that I was being fecitious for a few posts. But what strikes me as odd is that I did not see a request for apologizes in the post that caused me to post this one. It is SOOO interesting to me that we (the posters here) can post day and night about the safety or lack there of of other countries (the worst was Aruba with thd disapperance of that girl) and NO ONE asks for apologies yet when it hits the US it is a different story all together!!!!! Let's not forget the picture of the perpertrators (sp) could have somethign to do with it, and that is all I am going to say about that---let the flamming begin!!!!!!

Your name is Teach01. And I am curious. Are you a teacher? If so, of what?

Your name is Teach01. And I am curious. Are you a teacher? If so, of what?

Not sure what difference this makes but.... I used to teach special edcuation now I am teacher that works very closly with classroom teahers as well as district level administrators in a very affluent school district!

Are the boards moderated at all?

Sure they are moderated. The Jamaica thread disappeared didn't it?;) And it is too bad. I thought it was quite good. Much better than reading about how only a creatin would not wear a tie in the dining room.

No need for you to stop posting. Don't let them get to you.

and your point is??

I have no point other than someone who questioned me, asking whether I was a teacher or not. Iam ont sure what difference it made so I gave her all of the info and I noticed since I did, she had no comeback!

Archived