Need to change our cruise - 2 cabins

Originally booked a cruise onboard for 2 cabins (DH, DD and myself- cabin #1; DS, DS, FIL - cabin #2) We were given separate reservation #'s even though we paid for them ourselves. Approaching final payment end of December and have determined that nobody will be able to take this itinerary.  Due to school, sports, etc. We haven't been able to find a replacement that everyone can go on. DH and I have found an 11 day cruise that we would like to change our cabin to. However, DD can't go do to school/sports.

Question - Can we move DD to cabin #2, then rebook our cabin #1 reservation to the new 11 night DH & I have found? 

We want to continue to look for a replacement that we can all go on. However FIL is no longer able to go at all.

Questions -Would we be able to change the reservation to something just our immediate family would use? If that isn't possible due to schedule conflicts, would DH, DD and I (only child living at home) be able to use that cabin #2 reservation for a different cruise with just the three of us?

I am seeing one problem if I am reading your information correctly. In order to move people to another cabin, one of the original people in that room needs to remain on that booking. In regards to you & your husband as long as it is before final, you may move your booking & deposit to a different cruise I am afraid if you move your DD to your room, they will be repriced. Best thing is to contact whom ever you booked with to get the proper information. What is the price difference between the original booking & 11 day. 

22 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

I am seeing one problem if I am reading your information correctly. In order to move people to another cabin, one of the original people in that room needs to remain on that booking. In regards to you & your husband as long as it is before final, you may move your booking & deposit to a different cruise I am afraid if you move your DD to your room, they will be repriced. Best thing is to contact whom ever you booked with to get the proper information. What is the price difference between the original booking & 11 day. 

The original cruise was a 7 day, so not really apples to apples. DD would not be going on the 11 day, even though she was originally in our cabin on the original booking. The problem is possibly nobody originally in cabin #2 will be going on any cruise if we can't find a date that works for them. Hoping to move DD to that booking so that we might be able to use it to switch the reservation to another cruise (different from the 7 day and 11 day) to include just DD, DH and I as a last resort.

Yes you can move the cruise to different dates and ships however;

One name from the original reservation must remain on the reservation

If it was a non refundable deposit that was booked there will be a $100pp fee for changing ship or sail date.

You cannot move dd into the second reservation to use it later as her name needed to be on the original reservation.  

If it is a non refundable deposit that gets cancelled there is a $100pp fee and the balance of the deposit is issued to a Future Cruise Certificate to each person who was initially listed in the reservation and not who paid for the cruise.

Ken I was worried on one of our cruises where the daughter & her Aunt were in one Cabin. had the Aunt needed to cancel, we would have had to move the daughter back to our JS if the cancellation wasn't to late and there was still the space to move her back to our JS as before. The only reason the daughter moved to her aunts room was her aunt had booked solo. It all worked out and we remained intact.