Gibbs cay vs stingray city (grand cayman)

Luv2cruz1000

I haven't done the Gibbs Cay snorkeling, but from posts appears to be more a of snorkel and if there are stingrays present you get to see them.   I know at StingRay City in GC, it's more of a wade and pet excursion. as if they herded the stingrays in just for the tour.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done both. At GC, stingrays are everywhere. So are people, although usually separated in groups. You are in about waist deep water. I've done this three times. We just went to Gibbs Caye a month ago and it was more on a beach. We saw just a few stingrays, but did interact with one. Mostly the guide held it. It did feel a little more free at Grand Cayman with so many.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done both.  Gibbs Cay is a beach stop where you can beach, swim, or play with the StingRays.  StingRay City in Cayman it is a sandbar, not a beach, so you have no choice but to get wet.  I was there twice.  On both occasions there was lots of other boats and people, but there are hundreds of stingrays.  However, because it is a sandbar the last time we were there, it was quite windy and we could barely stand in the water, the waves went from two feet deep to five feet deep.  I actually preferred Gibbs Cay at Turks and Caico b/c it was more relaxed.  Even though there was only a few stingrays, the guides actually taught us a bit about them, and how to move around them and how to hold them etc.  We each got to hold and feed the stingrays as well.  At StingRay city it felt a lot more rushed.