On-Board Entertainment question

I know that most of the entertainment on board is done by RCI themselves. But how do they determine what outside acts to bring on, does anyone know?

We spent three nights on the Sovereign of the Seas (of our four day cruise) in Boleros watching (and participating in) the "Rockin' Dueling Pianos" with Mark Ander and Dennis West. I know they are contractors (we talked after one show and before another). We think they need to be on the ships more often.

If anyone knows who I can write to or call regarding this, let me know.

This was my first cruise. For YEARS I told my wife that I was not interested in cruising. A friend of mine convinced me to try it. Now I am sold!!!

Sovereign of the Seas - Jan 9-13, 2006

This was my first cruise. For YEARS I told my wife that I was not interested in cruising. A friend of mine convinced me to try it. Now I am sold!!!

How long have you been married? Don't you know that you should ALWAYS do what your wife wants! This just proved it! :D

there are different levels of entertainers

- the celebrities and headliners

- contract entertainers/musicians, i.e. resident main room magicians/jugglers, and also the schooner bar pianist and lounge band (the dueling pianists are one of these

- employee musicians - all the other musicans - calypso, orchestra, strings

- production show singers & dancers - these are the 'trained by RCCL'

more at http://www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com/rccl/

I know that most of the entertainment on board is done by RCI themselves. But how do they determine what outside acts to bring on, does anyone know?

We spent three nights on the Sovereign of the Seas (of our four day cruise) in Boleros watching (and participating in) the "Rockin' Dueling Pianos" with Mark Ander and Dennis West. I know they are contractors (we talked after one show and before another). We think they need to be on the ships more often.

If anyone knows who I can write to or call regarding this, let me know.

I hope you mentioned them on your comment card. You can also write to RCI in Miami and encourage the company to book them on other cruises. If your reaction was typical, however, I suspect that the cruiseline is already aware of how well they were received and will make sure to use them as frequently as possible. The cruise director on your sailing likely filed a report on them and made a recommendation regarding using them again.

If they are as good as you report, they may already have a number of bookings both on land and at sea, so there may be some question as to their availability.

I mentioned them on the comment card. I also went out of my way to tell the Cruise Director (Johnny O) that we enjoyed them.

I knew they were contractors because we talked with them at length. I just did not know how they treated this feedback.

Thanks.

As for waiting 10 years (we got married in May 1995 and I bought the cruise as a 10th Anniversary present), I was concerned over the small staterooms because I am 6'4" and 250 pounds. Thought I might feel cramped. DID NOT AT ALL. It took a friend who is only slightly smaller than me to convince me of this.

This also explains my screen name, right?

Archived