Att Cellular Plan

mommyto2girls

Wi-Fi calling requires you to buy the streaming Wi-Fi plan on board (most expensive).

To clarify AT&T Plans:  AT&T has just recently introduced the packages for use on board the ship.  It is called AT&T Cruise Talk & Text and works while the ship system is on and at the select islands listed above.  The ship system is normally turned OFF when in port. $50 for 50 min talk, unlimited text, NO data.  $100 plan includes unlimited talk and text, and 200MB data.  That's hardly anything!  For very controlled bursts of email or quick check ins... don't let any video play!

They have always had their international day pass program for $10 per 24 hours that works in almost all countries by now. That makes data and calling as if you are on your home plan - whatever that is applies to data, calling and text.

The ship plan is not good if you need data.  Get the middle WiFi package on the ship, and add AT&T day pass for islands where needed. (Remember your plan includes US locations and islands and may include Mexico.)

Another aspect of the Day Pass that works well to me at least...  If you have multiple port days in a row, plan your 24 Hour Day Pass so that it will fall over two days (like Noon to Noon) and that way you can use fewer day passes to save some money if you want.  You get an afternoon of service in Port 1 and then a morning of service in Port 2 with only using one Day Pass.

Thanks for all the replies..as stated in my original post. I have the ATT Day pass we use it all the time. However, the new ATT text and talk Cruise plan was the confusion  many phone calls to ATT some Reps said I was covered in places like Jamaica, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Belize. Some said no. Just frustrating to get different answers. We have lots of NCL internet between our "perk" when we booked and the additional minutes for Platinum Plus. I am not too sure I am not more confused now lol but I will stick to my day pass with ATT, Appreciate all the input.

We are on the Escape next month with a somewhat similar itinerary stop in the W. Carib - between Google Fi/T-Mobile and ship's limited/restrictive, non-streaming WiFi, our needs should be met (mostly for data, emails & VoIP calls (WiFi or otherwise ... going to limit inbound & outbound voice calls while on ship's satellite WiFi, but extended family elderly with chronic/acute health issues ... so, cannot preclude or stay entirely off-the-grids)  

The newest "Norwegian" App is much better than the old version being phrased out entirely, and it has options for ship calling & texting, and making ship-to-shore calls at somewhat reasonable rates ... (was/is 79 cents a minute, billed to onboard account = using those non-refundable OBC in lieu of duty-free gift shopping, cheaper than $4.99 a minute direct-dialed from stateroom).  Don't plan on using my Plan B or C, and only if I can't connected via Ooma or Skype audio HD calling that isn't bandwidth intensive - will test it on Day 1 or 2 once we are off-shore, to reaffirm what's been said & reported.

For simplicity & work-related reasons, I would go with the simplified solutions & options and submit the expense charges on the reports to claim reimbursement.  

Here's my own "reference" sheet updated - Google Fi have us covered now in 170 countries, just ordered a 3rd. data-only sim to pop into my "emergency" backup iPhone SE (it's normally on WiFi & roaming on AT&T's partner network worldwide, for voice calls & SMS) ... plan is to use that in all ports at a MiFi hotspot, and, it's just $10 per 1,000 MB (1 GB) of HSPA/+ and/or 4G LTE fast data ... vs. the Nexus devices that can take better advantage of T-Mobile, AT&T and USCC's vast partner networks and bands.  Calls are cheap to free ... last month, for 2.5 days in Bermuda, our extra out-of-pocket charges with 2 devices came to less than $13 extra, including almost 1.4 GB data on the islands. 

Escape - Jan 2019 - Telecomm info.pdf

• Like 1