Explorer Internet

I can’t remember the price but I recall it was very expensive, you buy it by the hour or the day or the week and I think the speeds were quite slow because it is a satellite connection.

When you are not at sea your mobile service provider usually does deals depending on where you are in the world.

Last week £8 for 30 mins/75mb....I tried this with the possibility of buying a 3 day £25, however even with all downloads/upgrades off and phone back to basics it did not last very long.  I only checked emails and replied to a few without photos! 

The three day one was £25 /800mb  and £49 /1200mb weekly

I wouldn't not recommend the WiFi...lots people complaining about it.

I was quite surprised how efficient the Barbados cruise terminal  free WiFi was....quite fast considering three ships and crew all using it!   Many of the bars and cafes near the ports  have free WiFi.  The wait staff key in the password. 

Edited by santrah
Sp.

Forgot to say whilst sailing off the French Antilles we got EU free data roaming on our phones for around 1hr...we were around 3 miles off the coast and my phone texted me the message!   We are with EE

Edited by santrah
Error

If you are not rushing enjoy breakfast or lunch in the MDR latitude /Vista.  Not as busy as Market Place and more civilised.  Also use the tui.navigate app on your tablet or phone (uses ships WiFi free not internet) to access your account, look and book shore excursions, book restaurants, ship info.  Enjoy the aft terrace at the rear of Mediterranean bar/restaurant area for a sundowner drink around 4.30pm til dark which was around 5. 45pm ( and watch Explorer and other ships in leave port.  We hardly saw any rain during our 2wk cruise...it is very hot around 30c -32c  each day- drink plenty of water and use plenty of sunscreen.  Saw lots red bodies...one couple who we spoke to were very sore and were having a day off from doing anything they could barely move! 

Edited by santrah
Typo

Mosquito repellent, just in case Margaret! ... also view these if you are able  https://www.accuweather.com/en/aw/oranjestad/12007/mosquito-activity-weather/12007

They are more prevalent following rain.  They were quite bad in St Kitts up the mountains when we visited, Aruba and St Lucia...mind you we are both magnets for the little devils!

We booked tours through both Tui and independent and also a couple on arrival.   It is easy to pick-up tours in ports if you wish, the guides/touts stand with maps at the port arrivals area and try to get small groups of 6 or 8 persons together.   They are fine taxi type tours around 3-4hrs long often with a beach add on at the end and places visited and attractions you just pay as you go.  USD dollars accepted everywhere and some prefer Eastern Caribbean Dollars.  The scruffiest port we found was St Johns Antigua and lots and lots of taxi tours!  On this day we had booked an afternoon TUI excursion.