Drinks for Kids

Milesy

Hi All,

My parents have booked a 7 day trip for us on the Pacific Jewel around Tassie in Jan.  I'm travelling with my 3 kids (7, 6 and 4).  Just wondering what drinks are available for them?  Can't seem to find any specific information.  They typically just drink water, but happy to splurge on the odd juice / lemonade for a treat.  Is it worth getting the refreshment drinks package for them?  But at $400 for the cruise thats alot of juice!  

Is it worth doing the $28 for 8 bottles of water delivered to your room?  Or is the water onboard drinkable?

thanks in advance.

Milesy.

The drink packages are not really worth it in my view.  The soft drinks are warm and they must be poured over ice meaning you only get about a third of a can per drink.  This means you need to drink a minimum of 3-4 drinks per day to justify the cost.  However if you buy a can then they give you the can and the glass of ice.  However every person is able to bring on board a dozen cans of non-alcoholic drinks.  

So why you may not want soda it could be fresh up etc - the main rule is it must cans and be loosely packed in your hand luggage.

Both my husband and I are very taste sensitive to water and both have no issue with the shipboard water.  It is free all over the ship - on the edge of each bar.  If you decide the water is not to your liking there will be two bottles in your room and you can ask your steward to bring you some more to make up the package deal.  From memory there is not a lot of savings (if any) to pre-purchase.

Enjoy your cruise :)