Linda (eerbeek) ???

Cotton

Hi. Just curious about something I read on "Am I Too Late?" thread.

You said

NO single supplement from direct book with CCL PVP.

I'm very interested in how you got by without the single supplement being imposed. icon_confused.gif I want to plan another cruise soon, and I'd sure like to hear how that transpired. Gotta save every cent I can, y'know. icon_wink.gif Thx.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Linda, I want to know your secret too! Was it just because this particular sailing wasn't selling well?

Atom.gif

Next Cruise! Miracle 2/13/05

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory Hounds I, Conquestadors

Originally posted by Cotton:

You said

NO single supplement from direct book with CCL PVP.

I'm very interested in how you got by without the single supplement being imposed. icon_confused.gif I want to plan another cruise soon, and I'd sure like to hear how that transpired. Gotta save every cent I can, y'know. icon_wink.gif Thx.

Cotton:

I think it may have more to do with whether a particular sailing is/isn't selling well. Last year I booked a 4A on the Spirit (through Carnival) very close to sailing date (within a few weeks) and they totally waved the supplement.

Sandra

Till CONQUEST family and friends cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

TILL LadySpoilt BECOMES A FULL FLEDGED ROYAL HOUND

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;09;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Hmmmm. Triguy, I do believe Linda is ignoring this thread.... icon_confused.gif I saw her here earlier today, and this thread was three down from one she replied to.

Oh well. No matter. I'll just call my PVP and see what she says. I'll let y'all know.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Cotton, I think your right. I've also seen her answering other threads.

Debbie

Carnival Destiny 2/8/04

Grand Princess 7/6/03

RCL - Nordic Empress 2/03 & 4/02

Crown Dynasty 7/00

Queen of Bermuda 7/87

Carnival - Mardi Gras 11/75

I'll bet that Linda went out shopping for last minute cruise items icon_biggrin.gif

Blessings 2 U

Miracle Sept 5,2004 7 day

Destiny June 13,2004 7 day

Disney Magic Sept 6,2003 7 day

Spirit Nov.2002 Panama 8 day

Paradise Oct 2002 10 day

Paradise Feb.2000 7 day

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cotton:

Oh well. No matter. I'll just call my PVP and see what she says. I'll let y'all know.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, please let us know. I have a friend who wants to go on the Glory with us next month, and the price Carnival quoted her for a single 1A guarantee was no better than our TA can give her. Probably just a certain cruise with a special that Linda just lucked into.

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

I was on a cruise and a young man in the hot tub was telling how he, a friend and his mom. All booked at the last min. and each had there own room. No extra and less than what I paid.

Melody

Paradise, 9-5-04

Holiday, 4-10-04

Inspiration, 11-30-03

Inspiration, 1-26-03

Victory,3-31-02

Sensation, 11-28-98

Holiday, 3-19-94

Triguy ~ I know. She's not usually one to NOT reply. Maybe she IS just a bizzy-bizzy gal the last few days? icon_smile.gif

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

WOW! MY OWN THREAD AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry guys! I've been hanging out mostly on our roll call, but pop in here just to see if something catches my eye, reply really quick and get back to work before being discovered.

I'm really really sorry I didn't notice this until now. Only 3 down from one I replied to? Wow! I must have had to cover my tracks and close the window really quickly before I saw this! (I'm a little compulsive and go in order from page one, read the topic, and read the thread/reply if I have anything to say. Then, I move on down the page)

Here's the deal, but you HAVE to keep it a secret! icon_wink.gif

My PVP did only Victory for me in the past and (ALMOST a Conquest cruise). But since booking Victory, we've become really nice friends and chat all the time (pre-cruise, I think of 'cruise related questions' just to chat with him more often!).

We know about each others' weekend, family, weather, the fires in Miami, the blackout here (he called DBF for me when I couldn't dial long distance (could dial 800 #'s, though) to let him know I was bugging out and invading DBF's house!), we put champagne in each other's cabins, exchange photos, you name it.

When I called - I'm guessing about 2 or 2.5 months out from Destiny 4/25 - He gave me the $530 price out the door, 1A with portholes. I can't stay at HOME for that (take away port & tax and it's only $370 for Sunday-Sunday!)! No single supplement.

HOW?, you ask! Good question!

Here is the answer he gave me: PVP's have SOME discretion with "special" passengers to offer them a little perk. They CAN do it, but will reserve their 'allotment' of perks for their repeat customers or whatever. They can't get approval to do this willy nilly, and WILL be spoken to if it becomes a 'habit', but he just likes me so darn much, he called in a chit for me! icon_biggrin.gif I almost cried with his generosity!

My suggestion: Find a PVP and REALLY 'buddy up' to them long before planning your next cruise! icon_biggrin.gif It just might work! Good luck, and PLEASE don't tell where you heard this! icon_wink.gif

Besides that, YES, I've been really "bizzy"! I now have 3 jobs (1 full time, 1 part time, 1 at home doing websites), and barely have time to breathe these days.

I haven't even HIT the tanning salons yet and I leave in 16 days!!!! I figure I might get a solid 2 weeks of tanning in, but that's far below my norm of a month every day before a trip. I'll feel like a pastey white freak from the great white north! icon_frown.gif

I haven't even SHOPPED yet! I'm in trouble!!!!

Sorry again for not realizing you guys were all here with an inquiring mind! I wouldn't purposely ignore my own thread, but like I said, I've been on roll call mostly, and just pop in here for a minute or two once in a while.

Lido Deck Linda

dudes.gif

062802jumpie_prv.gif033102food_1_prv.gif062802drink_prv.gif082502cheers_prv.gif

Fantasy 2/6/2000

Victory 3/23/2003

Destiny 4/25/2004

Salty: Could NEVER forget about you guys! Really can't wait to get together when I get back!!!!!

And I love you, too! icon_biggrin.gif

Lido Deck Linda

dudes.gif

Fantasy 2/6/2000

Victory 3/23/2003

Destiny 4/25/2004

BTW: Several mentioned it might have been due to the cruise not selling particularly well. I don't think this is the case. Last I heard, except for a few 'big shot' penthouses, the ship is pretty much full.

If it were a last minute booking, I might be more inclined to believe that was the reason, but now that I look it up, I booked on 2/1, almost 3 months out. That's still plenty of time to keep regular pricing active.

I would imagine the deep discounts for a non-full ship would come in AFTER the 75-day free cancellation period after those who would cancel do so.

Lido Deck Linda

dudes.gif

Fantasy 2/6/2000

Victory 3/23/2003

Destiny 4/25/2004

icon_eek.gif My goodness, girl! You ARE too 'bizzy-bizzy' right now.

THX for the info!

Hmmmm, I cerainly won't 'name names', but I WILL ask my PVP (booked the last 3 cruises w/her) about anything extra she can do for me in that area, next time I book. We talk a coupla times between cruises. She's a jewel, and thinks I'm a funny ole lady! icon_wink.gif

OK, now you can go back to your gadzillion things you need to tend to before your cruise. BON VOYAGE!

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Cotton: Just start chatting up your 'jewel' NOW and then when it's time to ask about something she can do about the single supplement, she will be more inclined to say "SURE"! icon_biggrin.gif I hope so, anyway!

Good luck with this!!!!

Lido Deck Linda

dudes.gif

Fantasy 2/6/2000

Victory 3/23/2003

Destiny 4/25/2004

[This message was edited by eerbeek on 04-08-04 at 12:24 PM.]

Archived