Caribbean to the Amazon 27th December 2018

Rabbit27

I’m on the ship now if you have questions. I’ve really enjoyed the cruise and have learned so much from the lecturers and the shore excursions. It’s not a tour for everyone because the infrastructure for the tours isn’t as developed as other countries but the tour operators seem to be trying their best. 

Whatever2020, you shouldn't bury your offer to answer questions here but rather you should start a new thread in the Viking Oceans forum. Title it something like "Live from 'Caribbean to Amazon'" and include your cruise dates. The Live in the title will indicate that you are currently on board and that you are posting comments and answering questions.

7 hours ago, Whatever2020 said:

I’m on the ship now if you have questions. I’ve really enjoyed the cruise and have learned so much from the lecturers and the shore excursions. It’s not a tour for everyone because the infrastructure for the tours isn’t as developed as other countries but the tour operators seem to be trying their best. 

Hi there Whatever2020

Thank you for your reply.

It’s great you are enjoying the cruise so far! We are very excited as we leave Australia this Saturday.

My only question would be how have the sea conditions been? I no the Amazon river will be fine! Is the aircon cool in the dining areas? And have they left the pool roof open?

Kind regards Rabbit27 

Enjoy the rest of the cruise.

6 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Whatever2020, you shouldn't bury your offer to answer questions here but rather you should start a new thread in the Viking Oceans forum. Title it something like "Live from 'Caribbean to Amazon'" and include your cruise dates. The Live in the title will indicate that you are currently on board and that you are posting comments and answering questions.

Thank you for your suggestions, silly me put the wrong month for the heading and of course to was to late to edit.

We leave tomorrow so all good.

1 hour ago, Rabbit27 said:

Hi there Whatever2020

Thank you for your reply.

It’s great you are enjoying the cruise so far! We are very excited as we leave Australia this Saturday.

My only question would be how have the sea conditions been? I no the Amazon river will be fine! Is the aircon cool in the dining areas? And have they left the pool roof open?

Kind regards Rabbit27 

Enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Thank you. The seas haven’t been too bad, just a little rocky. The ship’s air conditioning has been great; a nice change when we come in from shore excursions. Certain areas are colder than others but all the enclosed areas are very cool. The pool roof has been open several times. We are docking in Scarborough tomorrow and the last two days there have been lots of people enjoying the pool. FYI we had no trouble at all with mosquitoes. 

10 hours ago, Rabbit27 said:

Thank you for your quick reply, your question have helped, great news about about the mosquito. 

Where you lucky enough to off on the island of French Guyana?

Yes, we got to explore on our own. The buildings on the island aren’t very well marked but the ship printed out a map which helped you figure out what you were seeing. A suggestion:  when you get off the tender and walk down the pier go to the right and circle the island counter clockwise. We didn’t do that but our friends said there were fewer steps to climb, more of a breeze, and fewer people going that direction.