GRAND CAYMAN, COZUMEL - good places to eat

thebird

Could any of you please tell me some good places to eat while in grand cayman and cozumel? Am going on my first cruise 5/14/04 on Sensation, and need advice. Thank you in advance..

Lead, Follow, or Get the $&@* out of the way!

Have you checked cozumelinsider.com

great web site

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

icon_smile.gif Panchos Backyard in Cozumel is very delicious. Some of the best guacamole I've ever had. This was recommended to me by Sally (Mini Golf Sally)from the Ports of Call board/Cozumel. I'm sure there are many other places, but I trust Sallys word. Also great margaritas!

~gina~ icon_smile.gif

11/20 Ecstasy cruise countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;11;20;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

We were in Cozumel in November. Had a great meal at the Shrimp Bucket. In the walkplatz. There were 4 of us and we ate for under $50 and were stuffed. Also served us Kalua and Creme without a charge. It is a great place. You can eat inside on outside on the sidewalk. Enjoy your trip.

We ate at HardRock Cafe and the food was awesome!

Pride- 07/06/02

Jubilee- 02/22/03

Conquest- 10/19/03

4/15-- Holiday--Surprise cruise for my boyfriend!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;4;15;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

5/15-- M&M at Rawlings All American Grille

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;15;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

03/13/2005- Conquest with the kidscountdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;3;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

baby21.gifbeerchug.gif

Pancho's Backyard gets my vote. Go to the one downtown though. The atmosphere is awesome, and the attached gift shop, Los Cinco Soles, is the best place to buy souvenirs. Never ate in GC, can't help you there.

Jubilee..May 2002

Sensation...May 2003

Glory...April 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;4;17;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thank you-All so very much! I will be sure to take lots of notes on everything I encounter, so as to write a comprehensive review when I return. I have so enjoyed reading all of yours. My mother and sisters have been on a couple of cruises with carnival-the past 9 months, and have been impressed with the helpful hints I have been giving them for our upcoming cruise. I learn something new every day!

We rented a jeep in Cozumel, went to the other side of the island and ate at Chen Rio. This had the best fresh seafood for very reasonable prices and the quantity of food was enormous. It is also like having your own private beach, there were not many people there. It was absolutely beautiful and well worth the trip!

Conquest Feb. 15, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;2;15;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We've been going to Cozumel for years & have tried alot of places there & by far Pancho's Backyard in Los Cinco Soles store is the best & most consistent cuisine on the island. The atmosphere is so intimate & beautiful in their courtyard setting. You will not be disappointed. Enjoy some great shopping there also.

While we are not usually looking for restaurants while on cruise stops, I have had some great meals in Cozumel and Grand Cayman on land vacations when you can have wonderful leisurely meals.

In GC, one of the most memorable meals was at the Grand Old House (Chef Tell's restaurant). It is elegant and expensive - I have a signed copy of his cookbook - he stopped at our table to introduce himself!

Also, as everyone has said, Panchos is hands-down the best place in Cozumel but definitely do the downtown location for its ambience.

On a cruise, I would not spend so much time dining since you are on a tight schedule - I would take in as much of the islands as you can!

Happy Sailing!

Big Red Boat 6/1989

RCCL Song of America 2/1991

Regent Rainbow 1/1992

NCL Seaward 5/1993

Carnival Fantasy 7/1993

Carnival Ecstasy 6/1994

RCCL Nordic Empress 4/1995, 7/1996, 8/1997

NCL Leeward 4/1997

RCCL Sovereign 5/1998

RCCL Nordic Empress 8/2000

RCCL Majesty 6/2003

Carnival Sensation 7/03

Glory 7/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;05;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

`Triumph 5/29

Hey Bird~

Hope you can swim well as we will be out for a day at sea on 05/14/04 sailing the Sensation! lol icon_wink.gif

We return the 15th. Do mean you are going a day early (the 14th)? Or is there something I should know? icon_eek.gif

As for eating in Cozumel, I really want to go to Poncho's Backyard while we are there but am I correct in that there are 2 different ones? Is the one downtown the same as the one in Los Cinco Soles? Our plan is to go to the beach for the morning to swim and snorkel, to town to shop a little, then back to the ship to drop off packages and shower. After that we plan on site seeing on our way to Pancho's and hitting Carlos and Charlie's for the rest of the night! Wahhooo, we can't wait! But does this sound reasonable? Or are we going to be jumping from one side of Cozumel to another to be able to do all this?

Thanks~

Daisy

Sailing Sensation May 10-15th

5/10 Sensation...First time cruisers!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

hee hee, my bad, Daisy!! I guess I was a little TOO eager for the trip! 5/15/04, yes.. It sounds to me as if there are two pancho's, but your plan for the day seems reasonable to me - that's exactly what WE were going to do. It also seems that we will have the time to do it ( don't leave port until later on that night.) Does anyone have directions, or an address for the downtown location of Pancho's Backyard with Los Cinco Soles?

Whew! Happy I'm not swimming back! What beach you going to? We are planning on the Chankanaab (sp). Where you planning on shopping? From what I understand there is more than one place to shop at too! Oh decisions!

What is you plan for GC? I was thinking Stingray's and booking with Carnival to be safe??? Cozumel is really the only thing we have 'planned' out. Any suggestions? Our 'plans' aren't set in stone but these are just things I think we will enjoy. Too bad we weren't going at the same time!

Daisy

5/10 Sensation...First time cruisers!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Yes, that would have been great to have been on the same cruise! I'm sure we would have had a blast! My Mother invited me to go on this one with her, and she can't do alot of physical stuff, so I had to scale down my adventure plans quite a bit. In GC, since we only had a few hours(really), we were going to shop and eat something local. I am still trying to figure out where. In Cozumel, she wants to go to Paradise Island thru Carnival, so we will. I'm going to try the shops I have read about on the ports of call board, and Mom has a few favorites of her own (since this will be her 3rd trip to Cozumel - but her first to GC.) My sisters are also going with us now, so I need to find out if one of them would like to go snorkeling in GC, and the other could stay with Mom, but Mom would probably say, " I don't need y'all to stay with me!" But, we would.

Pancho's Backyard it is!! I have heard nothing but good things about it! I will be hitting the Hard Rock in both places, too. Always like a little something with the name of the place on it from there. Don't have too many yet.. San Francisco, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Alaska (polar rock)- gift, Cancun - gift. I like it better when "I" have gone there myself and buy it! (not that a gift isn't appreciated for the bird in the gilded cage!)

39 days 'til this freebird flies the coop!

there is a small place in gc overlooking the ocean that is reasonably priced and has good food. unfortunately i can't remember the name of it, white something-or-other. they had fried conch that was really good. chef tell's is good. there was another place with very large outdoor dining space on wood decks. it's been too long and i'm just too old! in a pinch, they have burger king! be sure to do stingray city. you can scuba or snorkel. soto's took us there on a dive trip. you just sit on your knees on the bottom and feed the rays. they circle around and follow your hand. we had great videos done of that along with our regular dive. gc is most beautiful underwater.

deanna

8/8/04 Elation

>trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ffd700&cdt=2004;8;8;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Try the Almond Tree House in G.C....across from the 7 Mile Beach.

Militant Breastfeeding & Homebirth Proponent-Sandra Carmichael

Mardi Gras 6/79

Mardi Gras 6/79

(back to back cruises)

Celebration 8/02

Splendour of the Seas 3/03

Jubilee 7/03

Conquest 1/04

Celebration 1/04

Elation 2/04

Elation *coming again* 1/05

Archived