Depost question

conan3699

We are going to book a cruise on the Conquest for the end of the year. It will be for 4. Needless to say we are booking far out to help pay off the cruise on our timeline. Now, what would happen if I booked for 2 adults only $500.00 and then later added the dear darlings in a couple of months. Is this a bad idea? Thanks in advance!!

There was a similar thread on this same question a couple of weeks ago; upshot was that Carnival usually won't let you book a quad room for only two people. And if they do, it is with the provision they can move you to a double if a family of four comes along needing a quad and yours is still only booked as a double.

If you are booking two rooms, it would be fine to book one now and the other later, unless you need for them to be connected. Keep in mind the fare could change before you book the second cabin.

If you start with two people, but later need four in one cabin, I think the cruise line would view that as an upgrade, like going from an inside to a balcony. You can certainly do that, but you would not be able to lock in your final fare because you would get the fare in effect when you upgrade.

Maybe you can book all four people now and work out a deposit that suits you? I know some of the group cruises here have very low deposits.

Archived