Wheelchair Assistance for Embarkation in NOLA (NCL)

basicprincess24

We will be boarding the Norwegian Breakaway in just two short weeks! My grandmother will need wheelchair assistance for embarkation; she has already called the Access Desk and reserved this. Since this piece is new for us, I have some questions about the process - where we should go, and who we should talk to when we arrive, etc. Can anyone walk me through what to expect once we arrive at the port? Thank you in advance!

We rode our own scooters from our hotel to the ship. Thus I am not aware of any special requirements there may be for a pre ordered wheelchair. It appeared everything was basically the same as all other ports in that once you arrive, advise the attendant you have a pre- ordered wheelchair. That person will probably either send a runner after it or if she can walk short distances, aim you in that direction. I'm surprised that NCL did not provide detailed info since this is something they are completely responsible for. You might want to contact NCL: In order to make your cruise experience as enjoyable as possible and so that we can try to meet your specific needs, call 1-866-584-9756 (voice), fax (305) 468-2171, send an email to accessdesk@ncl.com.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty