Friar's Bay Beach?

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

Trying to finalize my plans for my cruise in less than two weeks. I saw that Friar's Bay was recommended by a poster on here for a good beach day option away from the crowds, which is what we want. How long is the taxi ride? How much will we be charged? There are three of us. I read about some deal relating to eating at the restaurant and getting reduced price chairs, can someone else validate this as well?

Also, if you have done Friar's or live in SXM and don't recommend it for a day cruiser, can you pick a new beach to recommend please? Thank you in advance!

49 minutes ago, Karysa said:

No to Friars on a cruise stop without a rental car.

Take a look at Karakter Beach Bar on Simpson Bay Beach. It's a good option for a cruise day.

How much do their chair rentals cost? What are the prices of their food? Wifi? Approximate taxi price?

We usually just drive and go for a swim and a drink or we head over to Happy Bay along the path. I had a bad experience with food there way back in 2006 and I honestly have only had drinks there since then so I can not help you with the food prices or quality since lots has changed I'm sure since '06. 😂

On 12/11/2018 at 7:00 PM, OceansOfTravels said:

How much do their chair rentals cost? What are the prices of their food? Wifi? Approximate taxi price?

I was there 3 years ago at Karakter on Simpson Bay Beach. It was beautiful, quite, and the food was awesome. I'm not sure how much everything cost, but I know it was a good deal. If I wasn't going to Orient on my next cruise Simpson would be my next choice. Enjoy 🙂

On 12/13/2018 at 6:23 PM, Karysa said:

We usually just drive and go for a swim and a drink or we head over to Happy Bay along the path. I had a bad experience with food there way back in 2006 and I honestly have only had drinks there since then so I can not help you with the food prices or quality since lots has changed I'm sure since '06. 😂

Sorry I misread. That comment  was about Friars.

For Karakter on Simpson Bay Beach. 25 minutes should do it but leave an hour and a half prior to all aboard time if it's 5 or 6 and several ships are in port.

The chairs and umbrellas were always included as we bought food and drinks. 

I would think no more than $10 pp for 2 or more each way should be the cost via taxi.