Visas

Largobay84

I am travelling on Norwegian Jewel in March , departing Singapore and calling at Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia. As a UK passport holder it seems that visas are not necessary for most countries except for Cambodia. However, having searched for information and looked at the Cambodian Embassy website , I cannot find a definite answer. Do cruise passengers, visiting only a couple of ports in Cambodia, require a visa in advance of arrival or do ncl offer a "group" visa entry ? I would be most grateful for any clarification.

Scheduled on the same cruise, as a US passport holder I was told that the visas will be arranged for me by NCL.  Took a 10 day cruise last February out of Singapore with Princess going to Bali, Malaysia and Thailand.  They took our passports right before we boarded the ship and did not get them back until the last night of the sailing.  Always a good idea to have another form of government ID and we always bring photocopies of our passports.  Looking forward to our March 4th sailing, Royal Caribbean also has a ship loading up that day, makes for a long wait to drop off luggage.

From someone who lives in Asia make sure your passport has at least 6 months of validity left.  Most Asian countries won't let you enter with less than that.  

If the cruiseline is giving you visas thats fantastic.   I would also say that Vietnam can be a difficult visa with making sure you have the correct entrance location.

On 12/11/2018 at 9:41 AM, Largobay84 said:

Thanks all who responded to the visa question. I'll contact ncl direct for info but it does look as though visas can be issued on the ship.

Yes, NCL will issue the Cambodian visa for $89 pp on board. Your only other option is to obtain a visa from your closest Embasy.

On 12/11/2018 at 12:41 PM, Largobay84 said:

Thanks all who responded to the visa question. I'll contact ncl direct for info but it does look as though visas can be issued on the ship.

Triple check that you can, indeed, get them through the ship.  See this story about a couple who were put off the ship in South Korea because they did not have the correct Visas - not NCL but still - https://www.thetravel.com/couple-kicked-off-cruise-stranded-south-korea/.