Adjoining Infinite Veranda Cabins on Edge?

alj1208

I decided to book adjoining cabins for our cruise on the Edge next summer. We are a couple with a very tall tween, and we decided to spend the extra money for two cabins so we all have a real bed. We are aware that an adult must be placed in the cabin tween is in. Does anyone know what the adjoining cabins are like? How are they joined? These are infinite veranda cabins. Thanks!

2 hours ago, ocngypz said:

The cabins each have a door in the shared wall.... like the old days of Celebrity... and like hotel rooms.  I was in 8225 - a connecting cabin.

You don't have a photo, do you? The Celebrity customer service rep had a hard time explaining on the phone exactly how the cabins connect. The rep stated there was some sort of partition and specifically said there was no door in the middle of the room connecting to the other cabin. I am thinking the rep was mistaken, since you were actually in this type of room? Our cabin numbers are 7184 and 7186. On the deck plan, there is a little bar drawn in between to indicate connecting.

14 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

You would not have to book an adult in that room, since it is adjoining.  If they were separated by a stateroom in between, you would need an adult booked in each.

I haven't reviewed the booking regs. for Celebrity recently, but the child in the adjoining/connecting cabin is not a teen, but a TWEEN, so under 13?  Would they let a 12 y/o be booked alone in a cabin?  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

12 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I haven't reviewed the booking regs. for Celebrity recently, but the child in the adjoining/connecting cabin is not a teen, but a TWEEN, so under 13?  Would they let a 12 y/o be booked alone in a cabin?  EM

The Celebrity rep told us an adult must be booked in the tween's room, even with connecting cabins. So, cabin one is one adult/one child, and the second cabin is one adult. We are fine with that. Our goal is to have the extra space and a real bed for everyone. The suites were significantly more expensive than connecting cabins, and the third person in a suite still sleeps on a trundle or single sofa bed. Our son happens to be very tall for his age at 5' 8". At the rate he's growing, he could be 5' 10" by cruise time :)