Celebrity Aqua vs. NCL Haven

TrustMeI'mANurse

On 12/16/2018 at 6:10 AM, mafig said:

Read the reviews.  There are families traveling in the Haven, but not always and they are not always out of control.  What stops me from going with Haven is the price.  I've found a better deal and experience with MSC's Yacht Club....but they don't go to Alaska.

Definitely would love to try out MSC Yacht Club. Likely we will book that after doing Alaska in the summer. Thanks for the info.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:12 AM, Sam.Seattle said:

Don't rule out Hubbard Glacier!  One of the few Glaciers still Advancing and not retreating.  The Millennium is being revolutionized for a better Suite Experience.  Also, Millie leaves from Vancouver, BC which provides a better inside passage experience especially on the return trip to BC. I live in Seattle and will happily drive to BC for the Inside Passage Experience along with Hubbard Glacier which was amazing this past summer.  

We've done Hubbard Glacier and really liked it. We've done Alaska 3 times already and are really ready to do Glacier Bay. Definitely interested in checking out the Summit and Millie after their renovations.

Another question if anyone is willing to humor me. We always travel in at least Aqua Class, and with a Premium drink package. When I'm looking at the suites on MCL or NCL I'm not seeing drink packages. Do those lines offer drink packages? Are they ever included as a perk? Or do you have to purchase drinks individually while on board? Do any of the suite areas offer gratus drinks?

I have sailed on NCL in the Haven 2x, we absolutely loved the experience, unfortunately since those cruises the prices have dramatically risen.  However, on the NCL Jewel class ships they do not have a dedicated Haven restaurant, if that is important.  They do open their steakhouse for breakfast and lunch just for Haven guests, but dinner would be in the regular dining room.  If you are in the Haven you get all the perks currently being offered, that usually includes the best beverage package option they have, a few nights in speciality restaurants, gratuities and what ever additional perk they have.

If you sail in a non-Haven room you can purchase perks, they often have 2 perks included with your room but they then add on the tax and gratuity, so for a 7 day that is about $300 total for 2 people.

We didn't experience too many kids in the Haven but we were on a Jewel class ship and sailed during wave season (between New Year and Spring Break).  The Haven areas on the larger ships probably have more families in the Haven because they have more Haven rooms.