A Jewel of a Christmas..kind of review

JJAuckland

Oh my iconciege doesn’t work so I would download the new ncl app.  Went to muster drill at bliss

lounge and then raced to back of the ship to meet

some cc members. Brad had arranged an informal drink but I only stayed five minutes as the spa raffle

was calling.....

Sniff did not win anything and we sailed away from Sydney in a thunderand hail storm(didn’t get pics of the storm as I was in the gym ( a place I am not normally found... but that’s where they drew the raffles....sigh, yes I will come

to stretch classes)

Hi Sissy ...

Sorry to tell you that you're homeward bound to a whole lotta stormyness going on across the Tasman.  You'll be glad I'm not with you as you would have to be administering Sea Legs seasick tabs, probably handing me damp towels for my forehead, and holding the bucket for me ....ooeeerrrr  I feel green just thinking about it!

But looking at your itinerary (because that's the only vicarious 'holiday' I'm having (she says typing from her office desk - on Chrissy Eve ... still working!!)), looks like you are South Island bound first, and the weather down there's delightful for the week! 

Can I please ask ... your posts are full of typo's ... is that 'Bahama Mama' font - or are you being challenged by your i.pad keyboard?  I'm having to reread everything twice - and I can then understand it because we speak sissy ... our poor other CC'ers will really think you are having coordination issues!

I'm ever so proud of your photos, not a ship's carpet shot - or inside of handbag lining snap to be seen ... you go girl!

Santa needs to shout you extra data for Christmas - because I miss you when you're not contactable ... then my imagination runs wild and I wonder what Christmas hijinks you are up to ... then I think NO - I don't need to know (it's what happens when you are the younger, more responsible, sensible younger sissy!).  

Love and hugs to you and best wishes to all the CC'ers - it's Christmas Eve ... Happy Festive Season!! xox

Sorry but I am typing on my I phone and I can’t see what I have written .... I need bigger glasses!!!!  I went to Cagneys last night ... yum. I have seen people comment that there is no rib eye anymore... they could be right however the servers are saying it’s sold out! Tuna tartare followed  by seafood platter for me with a side order of truffle fries and broccoli.

C9D961C7-9A20-42A7-B009-3F669C0C8B3A.jpeg

6F17C00D-53C7-4AFD-9E76-721FDC054D08.jpeg

I must remember to take a photo of the USB port underneath the bed side light... so handy!! Please let me know if anyone wants a photo of anything in particular. I am keeping the dailies and will post them all on my return as Wi-Fi is patchy.  Crew are lovely on board and ship is looking great. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Well as you can tell by my lack of communication, it all became a bit too hard with the speed of the internet along with the cost (horrific!). I am back home now(sniff) and so will start updating from work (when the boss is looking the other way...ha ha).

Herdingdogmom - the evening shows were fabulous!  I think my favorite is their new one called Velvet! It was on the 2nd night. I had been to a show on NCL Jade and had absolutely hated it & thought I would not go to anymore but I am so glad I did. I went to the 7.15pm show &, if I hadn't been in the middle of dinner I would have gone to the 9.15pm show as well!  The last nights show was called Cirque Bijou and that was great as well. I will mention a couple of others later.

Muckyduckway - the tender process at Akaroa (I was asleep when we dropped anchor sorry, but it seemed to take a while before I saw the first tender leave). The tender trip is 20-30 minutes, the longest one on the trip I think, but Akaroa is a lovely port.  As for a side table (haha) on the left hand side of the bed there is a small narrow table bout the size of an A4 piece of paper. It fitted my book, my ipad, 2 pairs of glasses & a cup or glass of water (just) - photos of usb under bedside lampq

IMG_2268 (003).JPG

IMG_2272 (003).JPG

18 minutes ago, JJAuckland said:

Well as you can tell by my lack of communication, it all became a bit too hard with the speed of the internet along with the cost (horrific!). I am back home now(sniff) and so will start updating from work (when the boss is looking the other way...ha ha).

Perfectly understandable, hope the rest of your trip went as well as the beginning.

Muckyduckway - the tender process at Akaroa (I was asleep when we dropped anchor sorry, but it seemed to take a while before I saw the first tender leave). The tender trip is 20-30 minutes, the longest one on the trip I think, but Akaroa is a lovely port.  As for a side table (haha) on the left hand side of the bed there is a small narrow table bout the size of an A4 piece of paper. It fitted my book, my ipad, 2 pairs of glasses & a cup or glass of water (just) - photos of usb under bedside lampq

Good to know that there is a table even if it is tiny - it drives me nuts when hotels don't put a table beside both sides of the bed!

18 minutes ago, JJAuckland said:

IMG_2268 (003).JPG

That's pretty neat.

Thanks for all the uploads, love getting a glimpse of our holiday to come.

Day 2 started with a fabulous coffee on the balcony awaken & watch the tenders being launched.  I did not get off on this tender port but all seemed to go smoothly. Tonight I went to Velvet at stardust theatre & it was one of my highlights of the cruise!

I did not make it to stretch & fab abs class & so my abs stayed less than fab today...however I made it up to them by taking them to breakfast at Tsars & "we" enjoyed a fresh fruit with cottage cheese (this seemed a weird choice to me as perhaps I am used to yoghurt with fruit) followed by salmon bagel with cream cheese...mmmmm. My abs enjoyed it as much as I did!  I then treated my upper body to a facial. The rest of the da is a bit of a blur.  After the show I was greeted in the cabin by (a puppy?). My head hit the pillow & the sea air & gentle roll sent me into sleep dreaming about soaring over the audience in an incredible aerial display (as I am as wide as I am tall, I am not sure those silks or rings could hold my body weight, especially as we didn't go to stretch & ab class this morning I hear a little voice saying)… maybe the audience were giving me looks of horror rather than amazement … :-)  )

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2056.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

Day 3 we arrived in Burnie. As we were in an industrial port we needed to be shuttled off the pier.  This seemed to take forever to start but once it was set up things started moving.  This morning I made it to the stretch & abs class...I needed to stretch so there was more room for food & beverages!. For diner I had a wonderful prawn & pasta dish followed by apple cobbler (which was okay). Tonights animal was an elephant!  We had a beautiful sunset !

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

IMG_2080.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, JJAuckland said:

Herdingdogmom - the evening shows were fabulous!  I think my favorite is their new one called Velvet! It was on the 2nd night. I had been to a show on NCL Jade and had absolutely hated it & thought I would not go to anymore but I am so glad I did. I went to the 7.15pm show &, if I hadn't been in the middle of dinner I would have gone to the 9.15pm show as well!  The last nights show was called Cirque Bijou and that was great as well. I will mention a couple of others later.

Thanks so much for the info on the shows.  We are looking forward to them in March!